Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:38 PM

391 posts, read 1,248,582 times

Advertisements

I wish they had a Fat Burger here

Inn N Out, Del Taco, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr would be nice as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:45 PM

11,294 posts, read 18,872,835 times
Remember that many of those chains (at least the ones I know, Jack In the Box and Carl's Jr.) are strictly Western US chains and for them to come here, they'd probably have to expand to a lot of other parts of the US first (though I know there are exceptions, White Castle "jumps" from the Midwest to the NY area for some reason).

I think we're too "over-chained" and should appreciate more the things that make different regions great. I love White Castle, but I wouldn't suddenly mourn for them if I had to move to California or something, I'd just start to appreciate Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr., etc. more. I probably would mourn Singas Pizza though...... (small Greek pizza chain with awesome personal pizzas that started in Queens and is basically in the boros, Long Island, a little of Jersey and two shops in Yonkers).

Old 08-20-2009, 08:12 PM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times
Sonic.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 PM

988 posts, read 3,253,984 times
Chick-fil-a. It pretty good, both the grilled chicken and breaded(not fried) chicken.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 PM

14 posts, read 42,145 times
I feel Chick-Fil-A should expand their franchise past the South. Everything about this place is awesome, no matter if it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And Del Taco rules, especially their fries and chicken tacos. I went to one down in St. Simons Island (on the Georgia coast), and I loved it. Sonic is also fantastic because you can substitute fries for tater tots, not to mention their Happy Hour (it's non-alcoholic in case you were wondering LOL). I would also say Arby's but I think they might be very similar to Roy Roger's, kinda like White Castle/Krystal's.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 PM

111 posts, read 392,338 times
There's a Chick Fil A at NYU

Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
There's also a Chick-Fil-A in Paramus, so they're in the region, just not fully expanded into the city, save for the location at NYU. It was the same with Chipotle until a couple of years ago, when they first made inroads into the city.

As for chains I would not mind, well, I would not mind a Pick Up Stix for some fast Asian-inspired food, since the vegetables in white wine sauce are so good for a chain. I would also like one of Wolfgang Puck's Chinois restaurants. And, for a Chipotle and Moe's alternative, I would like a California Tortilla. And, I would absolutely love an Astroburger, though technically they're not a chain, just the one on Melrose is the only one I know of, but for Vegetarian drive-in style food, they cannot be beat.

Arby's was mentioned earlier, and I believe there are some in Queens, but there are definitely locations on Long Island and in New Jersey.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Sonic, I had it a lot in Orlando and I loved it .

I ate at CiCi's pizza buffet in Orlando and it was so good, they should definitely come to New York, I read one is coming to East Rutherford but I hope they make one in Queens or Long Island.

They also got rid of the Arby's in Green Acres (right over the Queens/Nassau border) and I only ate there once, and it was good, there is no other restaurant I know of that has curly fries.

I would like a Dairy Queen too.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:05 PM

528 posts, read 1,184,459 times
They have a Fatburger! at the Palisades mall.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:09 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Sonic would work beautifully in long island or maybe the outer reaches of Queens.

Arby's would be good. I wish there were more Quizno's as well.

I had Fatburger at the Borgata in AC. Quality burger for a fast-food place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City