U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:51 AM

3 posts, read 54,254 times

Advertisements

I've been searching for the past 2 years for how I can get a tattoo before I turn 18 because I really can't wait that long. I've thought out all my tattoo ideas and ANY tattoo I would get is well planned out. So now all I need is a place that will tattoo me. I honestly don't care if they're not licensed as long as they're CLEAN and do good tattoos. Someone PLEASE answer this. Thank you.
~Jessica

Old 04-29-2007, 06:56 AM

607 posts, read 3,250,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneCanTouchUs View Post
I've been searching for the past 2 years for how I can get a tattoo before I turn 18 because I really can't wait that long. I've thought out all my tattoo ideas and ANY tattoo I would get is well planned out. So now all I need is a place that will tattoo me. I honestly don't care if they're not licensed as long as they're CLEAN and do good tattoos. Someone PLEASE answer this. Thank you.
~Jessica
I got a guy...................He's at Rikers doing 11 months but he's great. If you really want one now I can give you his bunk #.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 AM

3 posts, read 54,254 times
.....Thats...not what I was looking for really.....

Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM

359 posts, read 2,389,767 times
haha. You really want to go to a place without a liscence? If you want it that bad walk down 42nd street and you'll find something. Or in The Village. It will look cool, but you might get AIDS. But hey, if you like AIDS....

Old 05-01-2007, 05:51 AM

I'm tellin you ....... this guy is good......he's out of "the island" in about three months. Anything you want he'll do for you. Scorpian on your neck, spider web on your elbow. He does a real good Ching a Ling sign. Are you from the Ching a Lings. Great outfit!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 AM

348 posts, read 1,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneCanTouchUs View Post
~Jessica
It is against NYS Health department laws to tatto someone under 18! I have friends who own shops in NY, NC and FL. NONE of them would risk it! Speaks volumes about the person if they are willing to break the law! I'm sure the shops are REALLY CLEAN!!! NOT!!

Old 05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
j1n

1,233 posts, read 4,025,553 times
I can sympathize with wanting to get tattooed young. I'm 36 now and almost completely covered. I've been involved in the tattoo industry, off and on, since 1991. I don't have any really major regrets on my work, but I will share a little advice...what you like now will very likely change in 10-20 years (or next year even!), so take your time. If you are dead-set on a design, get it drawn up and put it up on the fridge or a bulletin board...somewhere where you see it all the time. If you still want that same design in the same location after a year? It might be a keeper. Also, remember that your body is still growing and changing, and that what fits now might not fit quite right at 21. And as far as legally getting tattooed before you are 18? Everywhere I am aware of requires a parental consent from age 16-18. You definitely want to get tattooed by someone reputable. And any reputable artist will not tattoo you if you aren't legal. Remember too, the old sayings..."You get what you pay for", and "the sweetness of a cheap price is soon forgotten, while the bitterness of poor quality can last a lifetime".
Just my .02.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:47 AM

18 posts, read 158,455 times
Just go to Canada if you want it that badly.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 PM

15 posts, read 67,350 times
Jessica

obviously if you don't care if they are licensed or not you are not ready to have a tattoo done. What do you mean you can't wait, is the sun not going to rise and set if you don't get it done???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it

Old 05-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Jess,

Have a good artist freind do it with a Sharpie............... and just don't wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City