Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 AM

123 posts, read 246,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbiaguy View Post
chase crawford staring at me in a restaurant in the village
Hahahaha. Shock there!

I've seen Madonna on the UWS several times with her entourage. Along with Jeremy Piven, Kelly Ripa, Andy Cohen from Bravo, and a bunch of reality nothings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
A couple of years ago I was standing on 24th Street on a smoke break and I saw an older woman walking down the street--what struck me was her nice outfit--a silk pants and blouse in a sea green, and I love green. Then I realized the woman was Rue McLanahan--Blanche from the Golden Girls.

I Googled her after that to make sure it likely was her--if she lived in or had connections in the city, and I was delighted to find out that she had helped lead the rescue of pets from apartments in lower Manhattan after September 11.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 PM

84 posts, read 283,878 times
Seen Shia Labeouf a few times lately. He's filming Wall Street 2 all over midtown and downtown. He doesn't seem to take pictures with fans anymore. Also saw Oliver Stone.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM

963 posts, read 2,302,097 times
Former NY Governor Elliot Spitzer strolled into a shot I was taking on Madison Ave., testing my camera. I've seen the highest number of celebrities near Central Park on Madison, Fifth Ave.,

http://abqstyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/elliot-spitzer.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-23-2009, 08:25 PM

186 posts, read 427,543 times
I have to pay more attention to the people around me...I have not seen any celebs since I've been here, although one day my co-worker and I were walking to Rock Center for lunch and apparently Tiki Barber bumped into me and I didn't even realize it because I was so wrapped up in my conversation....

Old 09-23-2009, 08:26 PM

186 posts, read 427,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Matt Dillon in a bar. Boy was he short.

that's disappointing

Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 PM

13 posts, read 51,974 times
I live on the UWS. I saw Michael Douglas in Nice Matin, Bill Murray wearing a yellow rain slicker with army pants looking crazy as hell on 79th betwen Amst and Broad (my chiuahua subsequently bit his pant leg lol), Laurence Fishburne walking down Amsterdam, Christopher Walken walking down Amsterdam, some other really famous chubby sitcom actor in Duane Reade on 79th and Amst and again also Verizon on Broadway.. Wesley Snipes, Paris Hilton, Mario Lopez at Marquee.. Anderson Cooper underground subway station @ Time Warner ..Back in the day..Michael Lohan at SCORES...Carson Daly at SCORES..Joey Fatone of NSYNC at La Familglia in Times Sq...and thats all I can recall at the moment but you get the drift..

EDIT: All of Law & Order..they film on my block or around my block at least once a month it seems like..Sex in the city II filming going on now by FAO too...And if we're counting athletes, fuggeddaboutit..

Last edited by ElleNY; 09-23-2009 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: Forgot

Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 PM

13 posts, read 51,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
Susan Sarandon lived on my street (obviously in a nicer Apt ) - she always walked her kids around & i used to run into them all the time in my local bodega. Shaun Lennon too..

That reminds me.. Shaun Lennon trying to get beer after 4am around Hell's Kitchen..and my girlfriend saw him in Bungalo 8 trying to get something else LOL

Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,374 times
Laurence Fishburne leaving a restaurant in the theatre district. I didn't even notice him. My bf knew him and said hello. Jason Priestley in a pizzeria in SoHo, Kin Shriner (General Hospital) in Times Square, Bill Thompson (who ran for mayor against Mike Bloomberg last year) on the #4 train, Mike Bloomberg at CitiField ... probably many more but I'm not particularly star-crazed and usually in my own world. But if I ever saw Ralph or Joseph Fiennes, I think I'd melt.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:15 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Months ago I was on 24th Street and noticed an old police car I'd seen used to shoot a stunt a few weeks earlier back on the corner, so I strolled down to see what was going on and heard "Action!" and then all these people started shooting at one another. When I got to the end of the block I saw Mark Wahlberg, Samuel L. Jackson, and The Rock. The movie was The Other Guys and it just came out on Friday. Haven't seen it yet, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City