Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM

29 posts, read 89,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMi View Post
Hi Everyone,
So unfortunately my phone died by the time I got to the leasing office and I wasn't able to take pics but I'm going to describe the apt as best as I can. I viewed a 2 bedroom apt at 488 E. 163rd location...its hardwood flrs in the apt but dark wood not light like the pics avaiable on their website (fyi: THE LAYOUTS ON THEIR WEBSITE ARE FOR DELUXE APTS.) Theres a full bathroom and a half bathroom for the 2 bdrm layout...once you walk in the apt, theres a small closet and the bedrooms aren't huge...they're a decent size...the master bedroom has a closet and can fit a queen bed and dresser, the 2nd bedroom's closet is a just a bit smaller than the master....both rooms have 1 window and theres AC units as well as the heaters. By the 2nd bathroom, there is a linen closet. The kitchen is just like the model shown in the leasing office except its not as long...the living room has an ac unit and heater unit as well and theres a small alcove for your dining area. I checked the laundry room, which is cool and the prices were $1.35 for wash and $1.55 for drying...which I thought was reasonable. The lobby of the bldg looks nice but is still being finished as were the elevators. The community room which is located on the main floor is BIG and there's also roof acess but I wasn't able to view it just yet. I asked about all the other amenities which will be made available in the other sites and was told all tenants will be given access cards. They are expecting the entire North Rose to be complete by Spring 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMi View Post
FYI they do not allow move ins on the weekends...they have time slots for during the week. I was told I would be contacted in 2 business days to come in and sign lease and pick move in date and time slot.

thanks Jomi! All of this info is good to know! When you say the layouts on the website are for the deluxe apts, you mean the floorplans? Did they happen to give you a floorplan (or will they) for the apt you chose? I was actually accepted for one of the deluxe apts so I'm wondering how true to size is the floorplan online. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I go in on Monday to view it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
Hi folks,

I was accepted for the Northrose and the Shakespheare apts. They are built by the same company and the apartments are exactly the same. I wanted to go with the Northrose but I was downgraded to a studio apt due to the availablility. I went to the Shakespheare apts to check out the neighborhood before I made a decision. I noticed the building door was open so I entered to take a closer look. My curiosity got the best of me so I started jiggling a few door handles and found a few apartments that were open. (thank god they were empty!) The bedrooms are really small so dont plan to put too much in there. Closets are a decent size. The living room in the three and two bedroom is spacious but the one bedroom living room is very small and depending on the layout the livingroom could end up being smaller. The kitchen is really nice and they all have the island. The gym is huge and the laundry room contains 2 washer/2 dryer. The roof deck doesnt look like what is on the pic at all. It just looks like a roof (maybe they are planning to hook it up later?)

Anyways if you get the opportunity and the balls ;-) to stop by go to 1382 Shakespheare Ave.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:48 PM

12 posts, read 25,009 times
Hey All,

I already moved in to 488. A lot of the apartments depended on which apartment you are given (A,B, C.....) and also which floor it is on. The upper floors have bigger apartments, especially those above the deluxes. My one bedroom has a bigger kitchen then some of the two bedrooms and my actually bedroom was bigger than some of the ones in the two and three. I was only shown this one when I said the living rooms in the others were to small.
My living room area is big enough for a large sofa ottoman chair table with four chairs and entertainment center without feeling crowded. I have a queen bed in the bedroom and have enough room for the long dresser and a tall cabinet. The only downfall is that the AC and the heaters are in awkward places so you have to plan your furniture.
The other downfall is since I've moved in you have to make a lot of complaints because they haven't finished a lot of things. They are finishing things as you pick your apartment, which means they missed things. My move in date was pushed back three times and the same seems to be true for everyone I talked to on my floor.
None of the other apartments are locked accept the ones that people live in, which is a little weird.

If anyone wants to tell me how to upload a picture I have some from when I toured the apartments. I just don't know how to put them online.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:03 AM

9 posts, read 20,643 times
hey whats up i would really like to see those pics if u wouldnt mind. my email address is armandoamanini1@aol.com. i would really appreciate it thanks.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM

454 posts, read 527,960 times
@boredford

Hi,I moved into the 508 building next to you,and your right the way they put the heater and ac unitss is very awkward..Cause in my bedroom especially its like my tv is right next to my dresser which looks soo eww lol.so I was just thinking of gettin a flat screen and just putting that on the wal instead. I also hate the windows,I've been having problems with it jamming and whatnot so management says someone will come today hopefully. Because it only comes open like 3 inches due to the childguard on it. But another than that the building is cool.
Do ya"ll have laundrys on each floor? And how are u liking the building so far?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 PM

37 posts, read 97,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindymarrero View Post
thanks Jomi! All of this info is good to know! When you say the layouts on the website are for the deluxe apts, you mean the floorplans? Did they happen to give you a floorplan (or will they) for the apt you chose? I was actually accepted for one of the deluxe apts so I'm wondering how true to size is the floorplan online. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I go in on Monday to view it!

Yes, I meant the layouts on the website. Good luck...let me kow how everything goes today.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 PM

37 posts, read 97,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemylayla View Post
@boredford

Hi,I moved into the 508 building next to you,and your right the way they put the heater and ac unitss is very awkward..Cause in my bedroom especially its like my tv is right next to my dresser which looks soo eww lol.so I was just thinking of gettin a flat screen and just putting that on the wal instead. I also hate the windows,I've been having problems with it jamming and whatnot so management says someone will come today hopefully. Because it only comes open like 3 inches due to the childguard on it. But another than that the building is cool.
Do ya"ll have laundrys on each floor? And how are u liking the building so far?

I have to agree as well that the heater units are in awkward spots...i was hopin they would have the dual units that have heat and a/c.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 PM

I sent the pictures via email.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 AM

4 posts, read 9,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredford View Post
Hey All,

I already moved in to 488. A lot of the apartments depended on which apartment you are given (A,B, C.....) and also which floor it is on. The upper floors have bigger apartments, especially those above the deluxes. My one bedroom has a bigger kitchen then some of the two bedrooms and my actually bedroom was bigger than some of the ones in the two and three. I was only shown this one when I said the living rooms in the others were to small.
My living room area is big enough for a large sofa ottoman chair table with four chairs and entertainment center without feeling crowded. I have a queen bed in the bedroom and have enough room for the long dresser and a tall cabinet. The only downfall is that the AC and the heaters are in awkward places so you have to plan your furniture.
The other downfall is since I've moved in you have to make a lot of complaints because they haven't finished a lot of things. They are finishing things as you pick your apartment, which means they missed things. My move in date was pushed back three times and the same seems to be true for everyone I talked to on my floor.
None of the other apartments are locked accept the ones that people live in, which is a little weird.

If anyone wants to tell me how to upload a picture I have some from when I toured the apartments. I just don't know how to put them online.
Hey boredford, Thank you for all your helpful details. I was wondering which 1 bedroom did you accept (A,B,C)? And would you happen to know how many 1 bedroom apts with different layouts are on each floor. And 1 other question is there a 1 bedroom deluxe with out a terrace? Thanks again

Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin78 View Post
Hey boredford, Thank you for all your helpful details. I was wondering which 1 bedroom did you accept (A,B,C)? And would you happen to know how many 1 bedroom apts with different layouts are on each floor. And 1 other question is there a 1 bedroom deluxe with out a terrace? Thanks again

I'm in the F, I know the G and the A are also one bedrooms (all with different layouts) and the H and I are three I believe the B and the E are studios and the C, D and the J are two bedrooms, but I'm not sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City