U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 PM

6 posts, read 4,565 times
Sooooo the "Low Income Buildings" dont need garbage cans on the outside?

...Seriosly???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 02:59 PM

31 posts, read 52,639 times
Well, I'm almost at the end of my 2 year lease at 514 and I will not renew my lease. Besides the filthy conditions of the carpets, staircases where people urinate, smoke weed, dump tobacco and garbage, the constant issues with the level of cleanliness on things that can be easily cleaned. For me the worst part was 2 weeks ago, I took my son to the playground within Northrose as I happened to see children playing and was happy to know they finally were finished. Well I take my son to the new playground and as I approach the playground they are 6 tweens and yes I meant tweens smoking weed inside the playground set. I was pissed and they immediately left. I then realize as well that the outer area of the playground hasn't been completely finished. A few minutes later a Russian porter comes out and tells me the playground is not finished and to its safer that i do not use the playground because someone from within the 488 building through a glass bottle at children who were playing and hit a child! Thats when I said I'm out of here. For fellow parents unless this is something you are completely comfortable with, proceed with caution. My apt. layout is gorgeous, too bad the a/c sleeves were constructed incorrectly so there are huge drafts of cold air in the winter and drafts of hot humd air in the summer to guarantee a con ed bill of $300 because my apt does not maintain cool air. The old and new management company are useless. They have hired young guys who do not care to do their jobs correctly and it doesn't help that their supervisors do not follow up to make sure they are doing a good job. I personally already know of 3 neighbors from my bldg and 488 that have broken their leases due to the many issues with the buildings and management. Just wanted to update everyone as I posted from the application process and this will be my last post. Good Luck to all and I hope things do get better in the future because I do love the Bronx and want to see more positive changes like what was promised.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:22 PM

8,752 posts, read 9,044,079 times
Please let us know where you ultimately end up.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:57 AM

317 posts, read 267,051 times
Jomi....Im sincerely sorry about the issues within your building. I was speaking to a woman who lives in building 501 and she was telling me that several tenants in her building get together monthly and as a matter a fact they used the community room in my buiding. Anyway she said that in her building they have assigned a "floor capt". They felt it was necessary because they were experiencing the same issues you're speaking of within your building. A woman in her building actually spoke with someone from management and stayed on top of them until their building lobby was paintedbecause they hated that white flat paint. In addition to getting a hallway table and plants put in the lobby. Their floor capts go around at night checking the halls and stairwells ensuring no one is smoking in them either. I think that was a great idea. I wondered what happened to the attempt of a meeting a few months ago? I too share a few of your frustrations especially with these young Porters. They dont take their jobs serious at all. They do a have ass job at doing their job. The work I see them do is when its time to take the garbage to the curb. Ive spoken to females that dont feel comfortable using the gym because thats the Porters hangout spot for their breaks. I really wished that we could've all gotten together to make North Rose. It seems as though everyone is busy doing their own thing. In my building we dont have the urine in the stairway problem but we use to have the tobacco issue but I've noticed thats been cleared up. I dont know what goes on on the other floors but over all I'd giv my building a B-.I too would like the lobby to look more decorative. It has the potential. During the holidays someone decorated the entire lobby and the decorations went untouched so that a good sign. I will say this, Im not happy about the benches that are outside. Its nice to look at but the fact that its not exclusive to the North Rose tenants is a problem. Every since the weathers warmed up the amount traffic and hanging out has been ridiculous. But I do wish you the best when your lease is up.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:02 AM

I do dread this summer because your right about the 300$ con ed bill. Not going to be good. I did notice someons window had a window ac in it. How did they manage that I dont even know!

Old 04-22-2012, 12:14 PM

2,430 posts, read 1,582,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMi View Post
Well, I'm almost at the end of my 2 year lease at 514 and I will not renew my lease. Besides the filthy conditions of the carpets, staircases where people urinate, smoke weed, dump tobacco and garbage, the constant issues with the level of cleanliness on things that can be easily cleaned. For me the worst part was 2 weeks ago, I took my son to the playground within Northrose as I happened to see children playing and was happy to know they finally were finished. Well I take my son to the new playground and as I approach the playground they are 6 tweens and yes I meant tweens smoking weed inside the playground set. I was pissed and they immediately left. I then realize as well that the outer area of the playground hasn't been completely finished. A few minutes later a Russian porter comes out and tells me the playground is not finished and to its safer that i do not use the playground because someone from within the 488 building through a glass bottle at children who were playing and hit a child! Thats when I said I'm out of here. For fellow parents unless this is something you are completely comfortable with, proceed with caution. My apt. layout is gorgeous, too bad the a/c sleeves were constructed incorrectly so there are huge drafts of cold air in the winter and drafts of hot humd air in the summer to guarantee a con ed bill of $300 because my apt does not maintain cool air. The old and new management company are useless. They have hired young guys who do not care to do their jobs correctly and it doesn't help that their supervisors do not follow up to make sure they are doing a good job. I personally already know of 3 neighbors from my bldg and 488 that have broken their leases due to the many issues with the buildings and management. Just wanted to update everyone as I posted from the application process and this will be my last post. Good Luck to all and I hope things do get better in the future because I do love the Bronx and want to see more positive changes like what was promised.
No matter how nice and beautiful the building is, if you rent to the wrong type of people, they will destroy it. This is a perfect example what happens when you rent to ghetto people. You can't have nothing nice without ghetto people "f"ing it up. Smh

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM

hilltopjay......F.Y.I her building 514 is considered the "high income" building. North Rose doesnt conduct a home visit to potential tenants. Maybe thats something they should implement to avoid this type of nonsense in the future. Very few developments conduct them but I feel that would save the Landlord time and money. Home visits are essential because you can get a feel of the person in their element. Sure they can clean their apt up real good before you get there but theres going to be some things they cant fix in a hurry especially if their apt is in shambles ex: holes in the walls, broken bedrooms doors, writing or crayons on the walls etc. Basically any way a tenant can detroy an apt. But for now as long as the potential tenant "looks bood on paper" this will continue to be a reoccuring problem.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM

25 posts, read 23,058 times
Thank you Northrose for puting me on the waiting list and not calling me back! I moved to a NEW 12 floor building in Yonkers and I live on the 10th floor over looking the Hudson River. Thank you GOD!
I dont have to worry about issues that you guys are starting to see. I've been there and done that. I hate to say it, but the only thing they opened is a new project. Home vistis are a great Idea. I get them here in Yonkers, because there is a mix of section 8 and High Income. I RUFUSE to put up with crap! I pay my rent cash! The only thing that bothers me in this building is that tenants keep slamming their front door when they leave their apartment. They dont know how to close it softly. Back to your building NR, It does not have to be the tenants inside the building, it could be people from the outside. Get out while you can. Get to a smaller NEW building! There has to be a high level of control and rules for large buildings that are mixed income and built in certain neighborhoods. iF THERE ARE NO RULES, CONTROL OR SECURITY, WHAT ARE YOU LEFT WITH?

Last edited by noelindsey; 04-29-2012 at 12:18 PM..

Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM

25 posts, read 23,058 times
Rugs in the main hallways of ANY building is an instant turn off for me!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM

Yes I too prefer smaller buildings because that means less issues and even less traffic. Sadly our management isnt the best either. They're horrible with returning calls. The receptionist are beyong incompetent. When you call and explain the situation to them before you can even complete your sentence they're transferring you. They dont even have the courtesy to say " I'm transferring your call to so and so who can assist you with your problem and if this calls gets disconnected their direct number is blah blah". So unprofessional. But let them not receive their rent by the 5th of the month and they're be good at calling you with no problem. I've already seen 2 apts with the marshalls notices on them. Smh! We're going through new porters every other month the turn over is ridiculous. If the building cant afford security than they need to change their rental and interview process. My lease is up at the end of September and although I do love my apt and can tolerate my building there are other things that needs direct attention. I'd hate to leave but I must do whats best for me and mines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City