Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 01:25 PM

270 posts, read 748,704 times

Advertisements

wait a sec..explain it better for me please...if u get an apartment, it WONT be in the two 60 story towers? then where would it be? and what do u mean about the home visit.. isn't that part of the process? Sorry Elisabeth I'm confused.. are they going to give u an apartment?

Old 05-21-2010, 06:55 PM

123 posts, read 310,129 times
My last post was alot of speculation. The facts are there is a 12 story building that has 80 apartments. This building is under the same management as silver towers and is also referred to as River Towers II. These residence arent aloud into the Silver Towers. This building isnt located as part of the majestic Silver Towers or looks like it. These 80 non luxury apartments filled up first. I will only accept the apartments in the majestic Silver Tower II not the seperate building. I'm still awaiting their decision.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:03 PM

hmm, with my current situation, ill take whatever they have..what im confused about is, this OTHER bldg you are talking about is located in the same place though? 42nd st 11th ave?, is it at least part of the same complex? i guess a NON LUXURY version of the silver towers complex? like with no doorman, fancy entrance etc etc? in my opinion, ill just take whatever they got ..im bunking with relatives.. me, girlfirend and our 2 kids..it VERY uncomfortable.

edit: for example silvertowers IS the same as RIVERPLACE II..im not seeing a 12 story seperate bldg..here..see the link to the top view of the whole complex:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=91828

Last edited by emulator; 05-21-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-21-2010, 09:04 PM

I read about this in Real Deal I'll research it and copy. It may be listed on Silversteins web site under news articles.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 PM

78 posts, read 199,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
I read about this in Real Deal I'll research it and copy. It may be listed on Silversteins web site under news articles.
i also came across an article about this online but it was posted in 2007. i actualy asked about this when i went to my interview for riverplace ii on march 30 2010. the guy that interviewed me said that there was a seperate lottery for that building and that if you were accepted into riverplace ii, you would be living in the tower and not in the seperate 12 story building.

Old 05-22-2010, 05:51 AM

good to know apthunterdr, thanks for the info..
my concern is, that BY NOW, they may have already filled up all the lottery apts in the towers ..hopefully not

Old 05-22-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
good to know apthunterdr, thanks for the info..
my concern is, that BY NOW, they may have already filled up all the lottery apts in the towers ..hopefully not
Leasing has begun at Silver Towers, a 1.2-million-square-foot complex that is the largest rental development in New York City. Developed by Silverstein Properties, the two 60-story glass towers at 42nd Street and 11th Avenue redefine the Midtown skyline.

Silver Towers covers an entire square block and includes a public park, an outdoor terrace, a peaceful inner courtyard, and spa-like amenities, including a 75-foot indoor pool, as well as parking for 194 cars and more than 20,000 square feet of retail. The apartments have been finished with the attention to detail, design approach and high-end finishes found in luxury condominiums.

Moderator cut: Copyright issue

"This is a spectacular project that re-envisions rentals for the 21st century and serves as a model for balanced residential communities in New York City," said Larry A. Silverstein, President and CEO of Silverstein Properties. "Silver Towers is a wonderful addition to one of the most sought-after neighborhoods at the convergence between the vibrancy of Times Square and the tranquility of the Hudson River Park. The area has undergone a remarkable transformation in recent years that River Place and Silver Towers helped make possible."

Moderator cut: Copyright issue: Please provide a link, rather than an entire press release.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 09-15-2010 at 10:47 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
i also came across an article about this online but it was posted in 2007. I actualy asked about this when i went to my interview for riverplace ii on march 30 2010. The guy that interviewed me said that there was a seperate lottery for that building and that if you were accepted into riverplace ii, you would be living in the tower and not in the seperate 12 story building.
yes that information is nice to know thank you

Old 05-22-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
yes that information is nice to know thank you
How is you interview process proceeding apthunderdr ? Good Luck

Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 AM

Silver Towers' 317 affordable apartments were previously available through a housing lottery. The towers are connected by a six-story base. The complex also includes a 13-story building for moderate-income residents who have begun to move in last month.

thats telling me the whole LOTTERY thing includes the 2 towers ( lol lord of the rings ) PLUS this other 13 story building.. although moderate income and LOW income are 2 different things.. so maybe this other 13 story building is for a more higher bracket of income..and has nothing to do with the lottery for "riverplaceII"

just my thoughts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery