U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-25-2010, 07:20 AM

540 posts, read 1,040,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlisted87 View Post
I just realized the stove in my future silver towers apt is the same exact stove as where I live now in queens. Here in queens I have a slum lord. That stove probably cost 100.00 lol.. It's so ugly, I'd replace it if I could, but I dont think thats allowed. Sorry just venting, other than that my new apartment is beautiful
Agreed !!! When I first moved in an really looked at it I thought to myself geeez could they get any cheaper? The stove my family had in a building they moved into in the 80s was better than this ! LOL ! Doesn't even have a clock. smh

Old 09-25-2010, 12:04 PM

270 posts, read 480,991 times
You should ask if those thing can be replaced by your own stuff. Like a new stainless steel FRIG and STOVE. They may not have a problem with it. They may just say yes as long as you notify then in advanced. Worth of shot if you have the money to buy those things.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 PM

12 posts, read 16,199 times
You guys are so lucky! Its been a month for me and I haven't heard anything. I called last week and I haven't heard anything yet. Still keeping my hopes up.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:43 PM

540 posts, read 1,040,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post
You guys are so lucky! Its been a month for me and I haven't heard anything. I called last week and I haven't heard anything yet. Still keeping my hopes up.
From my interview to the day they called me was almost 2 months. So hang in there !!

Old 09-25-2010, 09:23 PM

95 posts, read 102,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FineLiving View Post
Do keep your hopes up! Something will give. Be persistent and keep calling them. Keep applying for other developments. Be patient and have faith

Old 09-26-2010, 07:36 PM

5 posts, read 5,495 times
hello,,

i received an appointment for an interview at river place , what are my chances? i have 4 ppl, me and my husband and 1 son and 1 daughter, I have an appointment for 2 bedroom. my husband has no income , he has been unemployed for a yr, i work and my income is with in the allowed, my credit is around 600 and my husband did bankruptcy about 3 yrs ,, please help me

Old 09-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabinak View Post
hello,,

i received an appointment for an interview at river place , what are my chances? i have 4 ppl, me and my husband and 1 son and 1 daughter, I have an appointment for 2 bedroom. my husband has no income , he has been unemployed for a yr, i work and my income is with in the allowed, my credit is around 600 and my husband did bankruptcy about 3 yrs ,, please help me
Hi. They don't look at the score. They look at your credit to see if you have a history of late payments, bankrupcy filings and any outstanding debt. I think the earning to debt ratio cannot be higher than 38%. I don't think your husband not working and his bankruptcy filing will hurt you. If you are the one that filed the application and you're the sole source of income for the household, then it's you they'll pay attention to. Your family size is within the requirements for the 2 bedroom. Make sure all the people you listed on the application are with you at the interview. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will give you a more clear and definite answer to your queries. Best of success to you!

Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 PM

12 posts, read 12,430 times
After my orientation can i ask to sign the lease at a later time like a week later? Or is this not possible. Somebody?? Do they give options or has anybody even asked this question?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM

5 posts, read 5,495 times
thank you so much !

Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jookny21 View Post
After my orientation can i ask to sign the lease at a later time like a week later? Or is this not possible. Somebody?? Do they give options or has anybody even asked this question?
You have two different dates to sign the lease. One is later than the other. They might give you a couple of days extra for the most. Do you need more time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City