Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 01:29 PM

123 posts, read 310,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo23ny View Post
this is for silver towers 2 and for a 2 bedroom apartment they interview me i passed the credit check accordint to them and also met the income

and now when i call for status they told me i should expect a letter in my mail something about waiting for them to reach my log number i think i take it this is a waiting list ...

does anyone know approximate how long it may take
There's a two bedroom next to me has been available since August hmmm

Old 11-12-2010, 01:29 PM

270 posts, read 748,782 times
update #2 of 2:
Midtown West Apts has DENIED my appeal..just awesome..
Actually, these rules they have are quite insanely IMPOSSIBLE for people to get accepted.
They replied saying although the new stubs may fall within range they cannot accept paystubs given AFTER the interview. They only go by the stubs given to them at the interview.. WOW..thats so cruel. Why?..JUST WHY even have people do appeals in the 1st place?

3 BIG interviews this year all down the drain.
River PLace II, Midtown WEst Apts, and 312 11th ave Apts..ALL 3 wonderful places and PERFECT. And I couldn't even get past the income part..and ALL for minor, ridiculous reasons.
I considered myself extremely lucky to even be called in for interviews, but was not as lucky to pass them.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:11 AM

95 posts, read 166,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
update #2 of 2:
Midtown West Apts has DENIED my appeal..just awesome..
Actually, these rules they have are quite insanely IMPOSSIBLE for people to get accepted.
They replied saying although the new stubs may fall within range they cannot accept paystubs given AFTER the interview. They only go by the stubs given to them at the interview.. WOW..thats so cruel. Why?..JUST WHY even have people do appeals in the 1st place?

3 BIG interviews this year all down the drain.
River PLace II, Midtown WEst Apts, and 312 11th ave Apts..ALL 3 wonderful places and PERFECT. And I couldn't even get past the income part..and ALL for minor, ridiculous reasons.
I considered myself extremely lucky to even be called in for interviews, but was not as lucky to pass them.

I hear you loud and clear. Been down that road myself many times. All I can recommend is to pray and to keep trying. I took a long time for me to qualify. If you keep bending the branch, eventually it will break Just don't focus on the denials too much. Keep life in perspective. It's not the be all end all!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the kind words...I know its not the end of the world, but its really disappointing. I have a few other lotteries I sent out a while back, hoping to hear something from them especially 440 west 42nd street, but as we speak, I'm sending out a request for 2 applications for apts in bushwick brooklyn I saw on the hpd site.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 AM

at least something good has surfaced...NYCHA , I called them to check my status, an dnow we have an interview for dec14th.. it will be for a 3 bedroom..
My ultimate goal would be to get the apt, build rent history and continue to apply for lotteries..
keep you guys posted

Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 PM

yet another interesting update lol, BRUCKNER BY THE BRIDGE has now also sent me an interview for this coming wednesday.. It's on the border of manhattan and bronx. There are MANy 2 bedrooms available on this one, and the maximum is pretty high which is GOOD for us, since we report about $38000 /yr, their minimum is 33K-46K i think...what would they deny us for on this one..is beyond me..ill go with all my paperwork and see what happens .., if not there's still the NYCHA interview coming next month

Old 11-22-2010, 10:21 AM

15 posts, read 31,415 times
That's good! I also got a letter from Bruckner but I didn't get it because I filled it out without putting my husbands name on it. We did file taxes together but have since separated. After reading this forum I found out that even with a letter of separation they would still deny you unless it's a complete divorce. The people at the leasing office were very nice so good luck!

Quote:
yet another interesting update lol, BRUCKNER BY THE BRIDGE has now also sent me an interview for this coming wednesday.. It's on the border of manhattan and bronx. There are MANy 2 bedrooms available on this one, and the maximum is pretty high which is GOOD for us, since we report about $38000 /yr, their minimum is 33K-46K i think...what would they deny us for on this one..is beyond me..ill go with all my paperwork and see what happens .., if not there's still the NYCHA interview coming next month

Old 11-22-2010, 11:57 AM

thanks!, we are actually debating now, if we should take this or go with NYCHA. Reason being is that commute for my wife in the mornings would be hectic with our 2 children from the BRONX and the 6 train line. Our 8 yr old is in school here in the lower east side of manhattan and 2 yr old that is not in school yet. As of now, our babysitter walks over to the place we are now, since she lives about 3 blocks away. Also my wife's job is 3 blocks away as well and the school is 2 blocks away lol. We are now thinking, maybe taking the NYCHA apartment ( which is for a 3 bedroom) and rent would be about $700/month with electric and gas included. We are thinking that we would stick it out in housing and continue to apply for lotteries in lower or mid manhattan. And we'll be saving money while we are at it.
But nonetheless we WILL be attending BOTH the Bruckner and NYCHA interviews just so that if one fails at least the other is in motion. The ULTIMATE goal here is to get an apartment. SO if having to go to the Bronx is the " ONLY" option and we are granted that apartment, then we take it! But if we are in a position of CHOICE, we might go with the less attractive NYCHA apartment but home is what YOU make it, so it doesnt really matter.
Being that the Bruckner interview ( dec 2nd, ) and the NYCHA interview ( dec 14th) are so close together, we may run into the crossroads of DECISION making and CHOICE making . But again we are going to both and see what happens!
Again, before anyone tells me I'm ungrateful or why would I have even sent in the Bronx application in the first place if I might not take it. The answer is, I never thought I would get to this point where I would have 2 choices at hand. For example I NEVER thought NYCHA would even respond to us, Had there been NOTHING else, of course I would just go to the bronx intreview and if given the apartment just TAKE it. But like I said I'm still going to both

Old 11-23-2010, 08:51 AM

15 posts, read 31,415 times
Well... good luck with them both. I say you go with the choice that makes you and your family happy. I would love to be in the city just because it's the city. I work in the city and I spend most of my time in the city so it would be great to just live in the area. But at the same time I don't mind the Bronx because it's where I grew up.

The commute might be a pain but the 6 line runs really well if you get into Bruckner. You can also give it a try to see how long the commute would be from there to the city.

I'm not sure if you've seen that there is another property that is accepting applications in Harlem on 143rd St. Here is the link: PH | Housing Application

Quote:
thanks!, we are actually debating now, if we should take this or go with NYCHA. Reason being is that commute for my wife in the mornings would be hectic with our 2 children from the BRONX and the 6 train line. Our 8 yr old is in school here in the lower east side of manhattan and 2 yr old that is not in school yet. As of now, our babysitter walks over to the place we are now, since she lives about 3 blocks away. Also my wife's job is 3 blocks away as well and the school is 2 blocks away lol. We are now thinking, maybe taking the NYCHA apartment ( which is for a 3 bedroom) and rent would be about $700/month with electric and gas included. We are thinking that we would stick it out in housing and continue to apply for lotteries in lower or mid manhattan. And we'll be saving money while we are at it.
But nonetheless we WILL be attending BOTH the Bruckner and NYCHA interviews just so that if one fails at least the other is in motion. The ULTIMATE goal here is to get an apartment. SO if having to go to the Bronx is the " ONLY" option and we are granted that apartment, then we take it! But if we are in a position of CHOICE, we might go with the less attractive NYCHA apartment but home is what YOU make it, so it doesnt really matter.
Being that the Bruckner interview ( dec 2nd, ) and the NYCHA interview ( dec 14th) are so close together, we may run into the crossroads of DECISION making and CHOICE making . But again we are going to both and see what happens!
Again, before anyone tells me I'm ungrateful or why would I have even sent in the Bronx application in the first place if I might not take it. The answer is, I never thought I would get to this point where I would have 2 choices at hand. For example I NEVER thought NYCHA would even respond to us, Had there been NOTHING else, of course I would just go to the bronx intreview and if given the apartment just TAKE it. But like I said I'm still going to both

Old 11-25-2010, 07:15 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all, This thread is slowing dying out, It's understandable though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery