Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 09:13 PM

270 posts, read 748,782 times

Advertisements

thanks johnjose, we had our run ins, in the past, but lets let bygones be bygones. I'm glad that sooner or later most of the original posters here got theirs, and are living affordable. We all want and need the same thing, a place we can call home and afford at the same time. We sign the lease and get keys this tuesday, now its the struggle of moving , and starting my services ASAP ie: cable/internet/phone..I'm thinking of going Fios opposed to Time warner... what do you guys think of FIOS? reliable?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
I'm thinking of going Fios opposed to Time warner... what do you guys think of FIOS? reliable?
well i think phone companies should stick to what they know best - telecommunications, not tv-anything lol. so i vote for my current provider: time warner cable. also, if you like ny1 (channel 1, the all-news all the time channel) (for a taste, go to ny1.com and look at some videos), it is only available on time warner, nobody else.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:15 AM

yeah I know, I currently have TWC,( i pay about $180 , mostly cuz I have WIDEBAND internet which is 50mbps/5mps) I always thought Fios was like way better than cable, since where i live Fios isn't even available and I figured its a newer better tech. So you suggest I stick with my cable then , maybe i can just tell them to transfer my account to the new address..might be easier. The new apartment is pre-wired , so its just plug and play.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM

15 posts, read 31,415 times
Congrats!!! I've been reading your story since the RP2 times and I felt for you. I wish I found out about this forum years ago!! But congrats to you and your family!! You deserve it!! And the place looks great!! Nice appliances as well! best of luck to you in the future!!

Quote:
I now believe! After about 4 interviews last year that all went bad, this one for the apartment in Dumbo Brooklyn has now come thru.We went to the interview Monday ,May 9th and now we sign the lease Tuesday may 31st, for a beautiful 2 bedroom 972 sq ft apartment. All appliances are stainless steel and real oak wood floors. We are still in shock and feel blessed. Our kids can finally have their own room and we can live comfortably without anyone telling us we have to leave . I know this has nothing to do with 440west42, but I'm posting this because I wanted to show you guys that it CAN HAPPEN!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM

Thank you shygirl920..I just got back from bringing a few items to the new place, I signed today and got keys and was given full possession. I took some pics of my rooftop deck view..I'll love it here!

Old 06-01-2011, 01:45 PM

15 posts, read 31,415 times
Those pictures are amazing!! You're literally right there!! DUMBO is such a great neighborhood to live in. Congrats again!

Quote:
Thank you shygirl920..I just got back from bringing a few items to the new place, I signed today and got keys and was given full possession. I took some pics of my rooftop deck view..I'll love it here!

Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 PM

43 posts, read 199,246 times
OMG emulator I'm so freakin' happy for you. I too found my self logging on this forum occasionally to check on your progress. You were so determined and I'm so happy you got this apt rather then NYCHA you guys are living large now god bless u and ur family.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Thanks for the kind words ...we do feel blessed and feel like it was something or someone in a higher place looking over us. We literally had to move somewhere by June 27th. Its just amazing how fast we got this apartment. Renovations were scheduled for June 27th in the apartment we were living in..that and the fact the we were subleasing. And the leaseholder wanted to move back in asap. We basically have been saved. We were on the verge of having to bring all our belongings to Storage and stay in a living room in my sister in laws NYCHA apartment. We officially move in tomorrow (Sunday). I have been bringing boxes and stuff throughout the week. I rented a U-Haul for tomorrow to bring the bigger stuff. Although its not much..since we actually ordered most of the big stuff to be delivered new. Sofas..dining set..and bedroom set. We are so thankful for this amazing gift.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM

130 posts, read 236,011 times
@emulator wow! You so deserve this. This just goes to show with hard work and persistants anything can be achieved! Congratulations again!

To anyone living at river place. Was wondering if any of you guys on the d line are welling to post pictures of the actually apartment? I have a coworker who wanted to by the apartment at market value and is seeking pics of the apartments I have picks of the g, c, and j but none of the d. If anyone cares too it would be greatly welcomed.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:59 AM

123 posts, read 310,153 times
Yes Congradulations Emulator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery