U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2010, 04:29 PM

540 posts, read 1,001,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
Its only been 8 days : )
So I should be good then..if she's had my 25$ money order since the 23rd of June im sure its been check already. Especially since she finished varifying everything on the 2nd. I'll probably hear something this week. If it was my credit which it shouldnt be..because I dont fall into that negative criteria I probably would have recieved a letter in the mail by now.

UGH !! LOL !! Somebody call me already lol

My place is always good..but ive been staying on top of everything so when the call comes I dont have to do any massive cleaning ! lmao

Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 PM

123 posts, read 193,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
So I should be good then..if she's had my 25$ money order since the 23rd of June im sure its been check already. Especially since she finished varifying everything on the 2nd. I'll probably hear something this week. If it was my credit which it shouldnt be..because I dont fall into that negative criteria I probably would have recieved a letter in the mail by now.

UGH !! LOL !! Somebody call me already lol

My place is always good..but ive been staying on top of everything so when the call comes I dont have to do any massive cleaning ! lmao
Incase you werent aware the home visit will especially check your bathroom and especially closet.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
Incase you werent aware the home visit will especially check your bathroom and especially closet.
Yea I remember reading that..those are good as well. But of course i'll tidy up some more to make sure everything is perfect

Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 PM

69 posts, read 116,138 times
@jkid84

when i went for the interview, i was told that if everything goes smoothly i would be moving in by the end of the month. you should expect to here from them any day now.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:00 AM

23 posts, read 44,465 times
@jkid24NYC

"she needed a code from me so she could varify my employment"

What code is that? What do they check? And do they call your employment directly?

Old 07-11-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyying View Post
@jkid24NYC

"she needed a code from me so she could varify my employment"

What code is that? What do they check? And do they call your employment directly?
That depends on your employer. My employer no longer varifies employment through our HR department..they have a 3rd party online place that does that. So in order to get into my file..she called an said she needed a certain code that allows landlords/management to make varifications.

Im glad my employer does it through the 3rd party because its much faster..whereas had they still done it through HR..it could take much longer. So it all depends on your employer..some you have to call them directly and some have a 3rd party handle that

Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apthunterdr View Post
@jkid84

when i went for the interview, i was told that if everything goes smoothly i would be moving in by the end of the month. you should expect to here from them any day now.
Wow moving in in a month? I dont even Mochanyc has been able to move in yet lol. As long as I make it to orientation ill be the happiest person in the world

Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Oh and as far as what they check..they just make sure that everything you told them was true ! LOL ! Every document that you hand them they varify it...from your employment..401k..bank statemnts etc..So if you handed them a paper that says your 401k is totaled to be at 1500$ they're going to call up your 401k provider and ask them and make sure that is indeed true

Old 07-11-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Yea I remember reading that..those are good as well. But of course i'll tidy up some more to make sure everything is perfect
Yes they want to rule out you being a hoarder so they check the closets good luck

Old 07-11-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Wow moving in in a month? I dont even Mochanyc has been able to move in yet lol. As long as I make it to orientation ill be the happiest person in the world

HA HA I'm waiting for my "one shot deal" PA they will pay my deposits (590.00) and extra income for furniture. They called Friday and will call again to give me move in dates. Everyone can apply for "one shot deal "once in their life. Recommended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City