Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 PM

30 posts, read 83,648 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the reply, yes the loan amount is large enough and in addtion to my credit card balance can trigger an alert. I havent had any late payments or brptcy and good credit thats why its on my name, i had no idea about these affordable units at the time so now im thinking to just provide them a letter at time of interview stating that...thoughts?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 PM

684 posts, read 1,812,127 times
Do whatever you feel is necessary to do ! When your on the interview (if you make it passed the income portion) ask them about it.."hey, what if theres something in your name but isnt really necessarily your debt" you know? Maybe they'll request varification that proves that. Just some thoughts..

Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM

Thanks! That's what ill do! Good Luck!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker23 View Post
Thanks! That's what ill do! Good Luck!
Thanks I really appreciate that. I've been a nervous wreck because of this whole process. My birthday is Tuesday the 13th so i've been praying for good news. I've been trying to get a timeline of the process..and right now all I have is Mochanyc's timeline and her's went faster then mine. But im doing my very best to remain positive..im usually always thinking negative so I dont get my hopes up..but i've been trying to get out of that. So we'll see..hopefully i'll have some good news soon.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM

Happy Birthday! You never know this just may be the perfect b-day present. Where do you stand in the process??

Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 PM

THANKS ! I know thats what ive been praying for.

I went for the interview Wednesday June 23rd..everything passed and I signed all paperwork so they could continue varifying my documents. There were a couple of more papers I needed to hand in by Monday June 28th which I did. Last I heard from them was last Friday July 2nd..she needed a code from me so she could varify my employment..she said she needed it by that day because that was the last day she could do it. I faxed that in ASAP before work. So now Im basically waiting for the phone call for my home visit..

Old 07-10-2010, 08:01 AM

I think the fact that they are 'verifying' is a good sign.. if everything wasn't in order why the need to verify it. You'll be on here with good news soon enough! Hopefully they will understand my situation.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:51 AM

Thanks so much for the positive words..I really appreciate it ! I've been trying to tell myself the same thing..and she's had my 25$ money order for the credit check since the 23rd of June..Im sure it doesnt take 2 1/2 weeks for that..but i've just been so nervous since so much is riding on this. These lotteries are my only real chance to live alone since I dont make that much money.

But hopefully i'll have some good news to share with all of you guys

Old 07-10-2010, 02:31 PM

123 posts, read 309,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Thanks so much for the positive words..I really appreciate it ! I've been trying to tell myself the same thing..and she's had my 25$ money order for the credit check since the 23rd of June..Im sure it doesnt take 2 1/2 weeks for that..but i've just been so nervous since so much is riding on this. These lotteries are my only real chance to live alone since I dont make that much money.

But hopefully i'll have some good news to share with all of you guys
It only takes a day or two for them to retreive your credit. You can check your own credit and who has access to it. Thats how I was aware they checked mine.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM

123 posts, read 309,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
THANKS ! I know thats what ive been praying for.

I went for the interview Wednesday June 23rd..everything passed and I signed all paperwork so they could continue varifying my documents. There were a couple of more papers I needed to hand in by Monday June 28th which I did. Last I heard from them was last Friday July 2nd..she needed a code from me so she could varify my employment..she said she needed it by that day because that was the last day she could do it. I faxed that in ASAP before work. So now Im basically waiting for the phone call for my home visit..
Its only been 8 days : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.