Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,882 times

Advertisements

I actually already live in my dream apartment. I own a 700 sq ft 3rd floor walkup townhouse apartment in Greenwich Village.

Why the Village? I like the low rise buildings, architecture, tree lined streets, Wash Sq Park, and the eye candy at NYU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:28 PM

17 posts, read 44,303 times
I would get a nice mansion in Long Island.... but since we're keeping it local, for where I am in life right now I would definitely say an apartment in the penthouse of the tallest building in Times Square.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM

1,556 posts, read 3,548,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
In a huge loft near the Brooklyn waterfront, with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge.
I am with you on this!!
Was born and raised in Brooklyn and remember when they began renovating those old factory buildings and turning them into lofts..........those lofts have some of the most spectacular views in this city. Good choice

Old 11-25-2009, 08:56 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
1. A brownstone in Brooklyn Heights. I'm a born and raised Brooklynite, and I like a quiet neighborhood with amenities and walkability. The brownstones are georgeous and it's by the water!

2. A townhouse along Pelham Parkway and Eastchester Road. I just love that strip along Pelham Parkway; gorgeous!

3. A brownstone on DeKalb Avenue along Fort Greene Park. Walkability plus this is near every transportation option in Brooklyn!

4. Jamaica Estates. Beautiful homes, plus college neighborhoods (St. John's) are great investments with great amenities!

Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 PM

111 posts, read 392,506 times
I would live on the UWS in a sweet apartment overlooking Central Park within a block of Shake Shack.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM

467 posts, read 1,866,384 times
I'll take a brownstone (or even one of those wood paneled ones with the front porches, oooh) near Union Square, below Houston, Brooklyn Heights, or Cobble Hill. It must have a garage, a basement, and if no roofdeck, I would make one, and it must have at least a 20x40 back yard. Preferably the brownstone would be detatched or semi-detatched. That is all.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:09 PM

44 posts, read 124,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
If you had unlimited resources and could live anywhere in NYC (let's keep this local), where would you live and why?
Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
In a huge loft near the Brooklyn waterfront, with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge.
This sounds similar to what I had in mind. Perhaps for me an updated residence in a nice, walk-able part of Bay Ridge with a view of the Verrazano Narrow Bridge, boats, sunsets, plus a couple of really good Italian restuarants nearby. Proximity to both the Manhattan (e.g. NY Penn) and beach bound (e.g. CI/BB) subway system

Old 11-27-2009, 12:41 PM

17 posts, read 44,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyontothesky View Post
I'll take a brownstone (or even one of those wood paneled ones with the front porches, oooh) near Union Square, below Houston, Brooklyn Heights, or Cobble Hill. It must have a garage, a basement, and if no roofdeck, I would make one, and it must have at least a 20x40 back yard. Preferably the brownstone would be detatched or semi-detatched. That is all.
Lol...that is all. You sure know what you want!

Old 11-27-2009, 06:49 PM

467 posts, read 1,866,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulessly View Post
Lol...that is all. You sure know what you want!
I should add, I could also do with a victorian in Midwood/Ditmas.. somewhere like that, as long as it had the basement, garage and yard, and of course it wouldn't really matter proximity to Manhattan via subway anymore since I would have unlimited resources, so I wouldn't have to work and I could hang around all day.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:59 PM

14 posts, read 71,339 times
I'd like the cell across the hall, but oh well...

I'd probably have a brownstone in Carnegie Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City