Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 11:43 AM

111 posts, read 392,445 times

Advertisements

You should pay, your story doesn't make much sense and I hope I don't have to live in a building with tenants like you.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:45 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFD240 View Post
lol... maybe they should carry one big-a$$ key ring with a copy of everyone's house keys...

when you force a door/window it's going to do damage... don't want any damage done to your doors or windows in case there's a fire, leave them unlocked... yes, we do check the knob before forcing entry
In every encounter I've ever had with the fire department where they've forced entry, there's always more broken than is necessary. It's fine, but firefighters definitely do not try to minimize what gets broken when they need to use force. If you work for the FD, I'm sure that you've been in these situations way more than I have and my generalization might not be true in your experience.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM

115 posts, read 393,991 times
Assuredly your fault - the FD did what they had to do in order to alleviate an immediate safety hazard. As others have said smell of gas == gas in the air == life safety threat.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:10 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,699,983 times
Wow this is a tough one. Well I think that you should pay, because you left the smell inside. You should have open the windows before going to the gym so that the smell could have been out. Now I do not blame the Fire Department, because they smell the gas and thought that you left it on even though they were told that you turned it off. Let me give you a great example. If you were next to a neighbor and if you smell fire from the next door, you will get scared and call the fire department. They may have told you that everything is ok. However you will definitely call the FDNY because you smell the gas or the smell of fire or you wouldn't call?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:58 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Whats wrong with you. Not once did you mention that you OPENED every window in the apartment to let the smell out, then proceed with you normal everyday life.

Opening a window is fairly easy, why did you not think of that??, because if I was your neighbor and I smelled gas from your apartment I would have called the Fd and make then break all your windows to lets the smell out......
Moderator cut: Not necessary, thanks
You should pay, Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-12-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westofninth View Post
The gas was turn off when fire dep came and they were informed that I turned it off, you are not listening either. There was no gass running , just smell.
Moderator cut: Personal attack You left your closed apartment filled with flammable gas, closed windows and then blame the fire department for breaking the lock on the window. Get out your checkbook and pay for the damage YOU caused.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-12-2009 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 10-12-2009, 01:38 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
Since this thread is deteriorating into personal attacks, it's closed.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: