U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
zdg zdg started this thread

725 posts, read 864,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
So they let you switch out your Texas license at the Express location? If so, i'm definitely heading there. I still have my Texas License.
No. They absolutely will not.

You have to go to Herald Square. AND, if you have the old(er) TX DL like we did (not the new enhanced one), you HAVE to ask to speak to the manager. The moron who first looked at our licenses said we'd need to come back with an abstract from TX before a manager stopped him and said "no, dummy, here's how you read a TX DL."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-22-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
also, do the forum a favor and tell us how much it costs...
$65. We did not get the enhanced DL though, just the normal one.

Unread 10-22-2009, 08:34 PM

9,133 posts, read 15,691,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
$65. We did not get the enhanced DL though, just the normal one.
good i'm not a fan of the enhanced DL anyway....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Unread 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,124 times
I was reading through this thread and finding it helpful. We need to get our Drivers License here in NYC from Texas also. Just wanted to be sure that we are heading to the right location. Can you confirm that you were able to use the Express Location and that you did not have to go to Herald Square? Would love to be sure that we only have to make one trip. Thanks for the help...eager to hear back from one or more of you.

Unread 04-06-2011, 05:24 PM

At least when we moved here, we HAD to go to Herald Square. The Express location will tell you they can't help you.

Of course, that was two years ago.

Unread 04-06-2011, 06:31 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,973,559 times
With all of the changes post 9/11, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to go to Herald Square. But the locations are so close, it's worth a shot to go to the Express first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City