U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM

179 posts, read 673,283 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any updates about there condos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 PM

9 posts, read 53,186 times
the sales office had been posting reviews on websites like this to entice buyers with lies. What the person is not telling you is that the renovations look good for about a couple of months, the unit I purchased was renovated in the spring and purchased in the summer and once the weather turned cooler the it's like everything started to contract and pull apart and now there are open spaces around every door frame even the base boards because they used cheap calking. As for clean, keep in mind that you are living amidst a majority of people who do not have a condo mentality as far as they are concerned the place is still Fairfield Towers and they treat it as such, people spit on the elevator floor, they scratch graffiti on the elevator wall, smoke cigarettes in the laundry room, you find litter on the hallway floors and it never fails that when ever I bring a guest over I will be embarrassed by one of the aforementioned. As for it being quiet, I have noisy neighbors who make noise all through the evening and through the night and even though I call security they still continue with what sounds like stomping and bumping heavy objects and loud music all the way to 2:am. I can't enjoy my balcony because they will come out on to the balcony also which is only has a thin glass partition dividing it so I hear them talking all loud drinking and cursing with no concern for quiet and even when I go inside a close the balcony door I can still here them. The walls are so thin in these units it's ridiculous, I can hear other peoples conversations from, loud talking out in the halls, other peoples doors slamming all times of the night, but you won't know this because the the slick sales reps show the place in the afternoon when the cleaning people have just finished sweeping up and the all nighters are still sleeping it off ask about seeing a unit after 4m when the maintenance staff have gone home or come on the weekend when the staff is very few and you'll see what I'm talking about it's far from neat. On some floors where there are units that have not been renovated the ventilation in the hall is poor and when you step off the elevator you are greeted by a number of apartment smells and the carpet is filthy, maintenance thinks because they vacuum it it's clean, but any carpet in a high traffic area has to be washed sometime, how are you going to have stains trailing from apartments to the garbage chute because people just drag garbage down the hall leaking all types of foul liquids and think nothing of it and maintenance comes along and vacuums over it and calls it clean. These slick sales reps will have you thinking that you will be living amongst a majority of new owners and every one is nice and quiet, the first thing I asked about was the noise factor because I had never lived in such a building with so many units and the slick sales rep assured me that the walls were solid concrete and you wouldn't be disturbed by other people, that was not the truth, the sales had me thinking I was getting in on something that was going to turn out to be clean, quiet and all this sales rep is stating and yes I'm saying sales rep because you would have to be lower than used car salesman willing to sell his mother to tell someone what is in that review. I look at the sales people in that office as money hungry animals praying on people in a real estate market that is not doing well.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM

Default the difference

the sales office post reviews to entice buyers with lies. What this person is not telling you is that the renovations look good for about a couple of months, the unit I purchased was renovated in the spring and purchased in the summer and once the weather turned cooler the it's like everything started to contract and pull apart and now there are open spaces around every door frame even the base boards because they used cheap calking. As for clean, keep in mind that you are living amidst a majority of people who do not have a condo mentality as far as they are concerned the place is still Fairfield Towers and they treat it as such, people spit on the elevator floor, they scratch graffiti on the elevator wall, smoke cigarettes in the laundry room, you find litter on the hallway floors and it never fails that when ever I bring a guest over I will be embarrassed by one of the aforementioned. As for it being quiet, I have noisy neighbors who make noise all through the evening and through the night and even though I call security they still continue with what sounds like stomping and bumping heavy objects and loud music all the way to 2:am. I can't enjoy my balcony because they will come out on to the balcony also which is only has a thin glass partition dividing it so I hear them talking all loud drinking and cursing with no concern for quiet and even when I go inside a close the balcony door I can still here them. The walls are so thin in these units it's ridiculous, I can hear other peoples conversations from, loud talking out in the halls, other peoples doors slamming all times of the night, but you won't know this because the the slick sales reps show the place in the afternoon when the cleaning people have just finished sweeping up and the all nighters are still sleeping it off ask about seeing a unit after 4m when the maintenance staff have gone home or come on the weekend when the staff is very few and you'll see what I'm talking about it's far from neat. On some floors where there are units that have not been renovated the ventilation in the hall is poor and when you step off the elevator you are greeted by a number of apartment smells and the carpet is filthy, maintenance thinks because they vacuum it it's clean, but any carpet in a high traffic area has to be washed sometime, how are you going to have stains trailing from apartments to the garbage chute because people just drag garbage down the hall leaking all types of foul liquids and think nothing of it and maintenance comes along and vacuums over it and calls it clean. These slick sales reps will have you thinking that you will be living amongst a majority of new owners and every one is nice and quiet, the first thing I asked about was the noise factor because I had never lived in such a building with so many units and the slick sales rep assured me that the walls were solid concrete and you wouldn't be disturbed by other people, that was not the truth, the sales had me thinking I was getting in on something that was going to turn out to be clean, quiet and all this sales rep is stating and yes I'm saying sales rep because you would have to be lower than used car salesman willing to sell his mother to tell someone what is in that review. I look at the sales people in that office as money hungry animals praying on people in a real estate market that is not doing well.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 AM

Yes, the loud radio playing is true, and One evening coming on from work someone was actually in the laundry room smoking a cigarette.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 AM

16 posts, read 30,717 times
Default Meadow Wood At Gateway ENY

[SIZE=3]Thank you for being so honest and I will check it out after hours as you’ve stated. A rep told me they are trying to legally push out the previous renters, clearly renters have different characteristics than owners to say the least. I have another concern…why are the gates kept open I mean what kind of real security is that? You park your car and walk to your building as could anyone that doesn’t live in the complex, shouldn’t there be only the owners and their expected company be allowed onsite? I mean it doesn’t matter how many cameras you have and security guards onsite it is East New York…those gates need to be locked! [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or