U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM

64,675 posts, read 66,158,228 times

Advertisements

ha ha ha just wait until you spray someone and although you may get off criminaly, just wait for the civil suite because you used non legal pepper spray from the internet or bear spray....
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 PM

4,480 posts, read 8,320,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
ha ha ha just wait until you spray someone and although you may get off criminaly, just wait for the civil suite because you used non legal pepper spray from the internet or bear spray....

or your aim it the wrong way and spray it in your own face. Or when someone comes up behind you and you say "please hold on while i find my pepper spray" THEN spray it in your own face acidentally

Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 PM

10,754 posts, read 25,537,232 times
Please be sure that you know how to use the legal pepper spray (from approved outlets), something that is taught in some self-defense courses, because it is not an effective defense option if you cannot use it in an emergency.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Please be sure that you know how to use the legal pepper spray (from approved outlets), something that is taught in some self-defense courses, because it is not an effective defense option if you cannot use it in an emergency.
absoluetly true... in fact just being on the wrong side of the wind can make you the disabled one.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:39 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,502,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
It's amazing how hard NY makes it to obtain pepper spray. Not like it's a gun.
It's not that hard though. You just need to know where to find it and the owner has to fill out a small form. Seems pretty rational to me.

Personally I think it's a very good idea for a woman to carry one in this city. It's one of the few self-defense items you can carry with relatively little hassle and in a confrontation a man might be able to at least hold a person off with their hands, body, etc, but a woman will more than likely be at a physical disadvantage with a male attacker. Just be sure you know how to use it.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 11-16-2009 at 07:49 AM..

Old 09-16-2011, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,750 times
In this kind of weapon you will need a pepper only not like guns we will need a bullet for we to used in bad people not like pepper spray.

If the wind is going in the wrong direction, you can incapacitate yourself with [url=http://www.weapons-universe.com/Personal_Defense/Pepper_Spray.shtml]pepper spray[/url]. There are car alarms going off all the time and no one pays any attention.
~ Kelly Anderson

Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 AM

huh???????????????????????????????

Old 09-18-2011, 02:52 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,784,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willinoble View Post
In this kind of weapon you will need a pepper only not like guns we will need a bullet for we to used in bad people not like pepper spray.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:22 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,502,982 times
Illegible post that bumped a super dead thread. Damn just all kinds of fail...

Old 09-18-2011, 08:33 PM

365 posts, read 416,894 times
Wow...I really........really......REALLY.....don't have a clue what he or she.........or it was saying. In any case, my boyfriend got me a key chain type holder of pepper spray about a year ago. He brought it on Fordham Road in the Bronx, near the train station. I don't recall him doing any paperwork, as we just went in, he asked, I choosed an option out of like three choices, and he paid. Voila! I got a brown bag and said thank you, and walked right out. It's a comfort knowing that I have something on me...as it was becoming a headache dealing with the ignorance of men constantly. And as the weather got warmer, it was like it spiked their aggressiveness. To this day I carry it around in my bag. I can't and don't take it when I'm traveling or going to a club but anywhere else, it stays right on my side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or