U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2009, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Reputation: 3587

Advertisements

I was just wondering if there is anywhere in New York City that one can park an RV trailer for 5 days. The hotels in New York are quite expensive- even a little crappy one in Brooklyn is like $95 a night. I could pull the trailer there for a lot less but I don't see any "official" parks there. So I was wondering if a parking lot or city park might work. Of course we would like Manhattan but anyplace with access to a train that runs at least until midnight would be cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge
20,889 posts, read 22,663,065 times
Reputation: 8634
Liberty Harbor Marina RV PARK: closest to Manhattan and New York City Area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM
 
Location: New York
477 posts, read 1,207,844 times
Reputation: 297
You could probably park it somewhere on long island or westchester and take a train into the city. Just keep in mind though that RV's are not allowed on any of the parkways on long island which will make the trip difficult. Another possibility may be parking in NJ where the roads are a lot friendlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Reputation: 3587
That place sounds friggin AWESOME! They actually warn you that you will hear music until 2:30 from the Sandbar Club to which I say HELL YEAH! Sounds like my kind of place! We ain't coming there to sleep! My only question is the PATH trains to New York City- do they run until midnight at least so we can enjoy some evening time in Manhattan? If so I am gonna call and see what they have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Upper East, NY
1,144 posts, read 2,536,870 times
Reputation: 561
On this map, the line to the World Trade Center runs all night.
The other line to midtown via Hoboken runs late night also.

Service - PATH - Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Washington, DC & New York
10,750 posts, read 25,521,951 times
Reputation: 6676
The PATH runs 24-hours a day, so you should have no problem with late nights in Manhattan.
__________________
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.
~William Shakespeare
(As You Like It Act II, Scene VII)

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 20,585,817 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl1616 View Post
You could probably park it somewhere on long island or westchester and take a train into the city. Just keep in mind though that RV's are not allowed on any of the parkways on long island which will make the trip difficult. Another possibility may be parking in NJ where the roads are a lot friendlier.
Anyplace that we can get to and from the city (Broadway and Times Square) by rail and/or bus would be fine. I could drive but I really don't want to deal with traffic and parking or risk a DUI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: New York
477 posts, read 1,207,844 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Anyplace that we can get to and from the city (Broadway and Times Square) by rail and/or bus would be fine. I could drive but I really don't want to deal with traffic and parking or risk a DUI.
If you are planning your trip for the summer I'm pretty sure there are some RV parks near the Hampton beaches. You could enjoy the beach by day and party there or in the city at night. I'll try to find a link somewhere..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
 
1 posts, read 21,418 times
Reputation: 11
Smile RV parking NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I was just wondering if there is anywhere in New York City that one can park an RV trailer for 5 days. The hotels in New York are quite expensive- even a little crappy one in Brooklyn is like $95 a night. I could pull the trailer there for a lot less but I don't see any "official" parks there. So I was wondering if a parking lot or city park might work. Of course we would like Manhattan but anyplace with access to a train that runs at least until midnight would be cool.
You could try to leave the RV at the parking of Liberty RV Camping in NJ. Better is to stay at this camping duing your visit. City water and electricity hook-up. You can take the ferry right in front of the camping to Manhattan or take the shuttle bus through the Holland Tunnel. Advantages: good sleep in your own bed at a low price and no bed bugs in some NYC hotel at a high price! This is the only place that close to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
 
510 posts, read 1,167,515 times
Reputation: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgirl1616 View Post
If you are planning your trip for the summer I'm pretty sure there are some RV parks near the Hampton beaches. You could enjoy the beach by day and party there or in the city at night. I'll try to find a link somewhere..

There are tons of parks there. But the Hamptons are 2+ hours by car and 3+ hours by train in the summer. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top