U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
 
283 posts, read 443,243 times
Reputation: 292

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feezy914 View Post

If you travel up one block on Broadway along the J train under the train tressel towards the infamously fabulous Woodhull Hospital(sarcasm) you will feel like you have just entered some third world country. I mean this place is the poorest of the poor, this area can be defined as nothing more than a GHETTO! Continue up a few more blocks pass the crackheads,drug-dealers and criminals without being robbed, you will eventually run into Tompkins Housing Projects
where i'm sure a man of your status and physical appearance would become an instant victim of a crime.

If you plan on having children with your wife/girlfriend, PLEASE take her to a hospital in Manhattan. I was in Woodhull Hospital visiting a friends father(diabetic)when we asked the nurse to give him food she said the drunks and homeless people came in and stole all the food and then she proceeded to direct me to go to the closest Kennedy Fried Chicken which was located in that war-zone called Broadway. Not to mention the inside of that hospital looked like something out of a horror movie. The staff?! forget about them its like the director of the hospital went out on the streets and into the Thompkins Projects and asked anybody if they wanted a job, in other words they hired anybody who had a pulse.
This is nothing more than wrong, sensationalist crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
 
10,699 posts, read 20,883,073 times
Reputation: 8251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post
This is nothing more than wrong, sensationalist crap.
Really? Then why does it get a one-star rating out of five, based on 15 reviews on yelp?
Woodhull Hospital - Bedford Stuyvesant - Brooklyn, NY

Have you been there and had a good experience? If so, you could share that instead of calling someone's first-hand account "sensationalist crap."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 AM
009
 
1,121 posts, read 5,937,083 times
Reputation: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Really? Then why does it get a one-star rating out of five, based on 15 reviews on yelp?
Woodhull Hospital - Bedford Stuyvesant - Brooklyn, NY

Have you been there and had a good experience? If so, you could share that instead of calling someone's first-hand account "sensationalist crap."
I'm pretty sure the poster was referring to the description of the area immediate to the hospital, not the hospital itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
 
15 posts, read 41,773 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
I'm pretty sure the poster was referring to the description of the area immediate to the hospital, not the hospital itself.
Actually these are all first hand accounts that didn't intend to demean or offend anyone. Obviously, you have never been to Woodhull Hospital, i have on several occasions. I, along with everyone else i come in contact with have nothing but horrible war stories from Woodhull Hospital from the staff right through to the low budget service everyone receives, its like a hospital in a third world country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
009
 
1,121 posts, read 5,937,083 times
Reputation: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feezy914 View Post
Actually these are all first hand accounts that didn't intend to demean or offend anyone. Obviously, you have never been to Woodhull Hospital, i have on several occasions. I, along with everyone else i come in contact with have nothing but horrible war stories from Woodhull Hospital from the staff right through to the low budget service everyone receives, its like a hospital in a third world country!
Okay... I wasn't quoting nor making reference to you at all. And I'm well aware of Woodhull and it's care. FYI, something else happens to you, you have every right to go to another hospital within city limits. You're not forced to go there, unless you're out of it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2010, 08:49 PM
 
56 posts, read 309,617 times
Reputation: 53
You know you are in Williamsburg when you see a chick with pink hair carrying a fan in February at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 AM
 
15 posts, read 41,773 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
Okay... I wasn't quoting nor making reference to you at all. And I'm well aware of Woodhull and it's care. FYI, something else happens to you, you have every right to go to another hospital within city limits. You're not forced to go there, unless you're out of it...

you must be part of Woodhulls marketing team or their legal team LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top