U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,175 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
You only hear about this "Asian fetish" if it is with white men and Asian women. There is nothing creepy about being attracted to Asian women. As to the "closet queen" comment, that is weird. Asian women are men? Huh? That is a very strange comment from an Asian woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAnalyst View Post
Stuyvesant High School...just kidding
Haha! The McDonald's in Greenwich St. where they hang out.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM

24 posts, read 82,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderate Guy View Post
HeeHa, re: first question, one can meet singe women of all nationalities throughout NYC. There are significant Asian populations in Queens and Brooklyn, e.g., in Flushing, Sunset Park, etc. They attend colleges, go to work, visit bars, restaurants, clubs, do things that all New Yorkers do.

Re: second question, I suspect that there is no universal consensus among Asian women about "white men" as your post suggests. It is my humble opinion as a longtime New Yorker, that most Asian women, like most women of other races and ethnicities - excluding those with preconceived notions, prejudices or baggage - evaluate men of their own race and of other races in terms of their deportment, character, dispostion, and behavior.

Good luck in your dating experience...I would be careful, however, not to appear to eligible ladies as a man on a quest for Asian women, as some may not interpret that kindly.
I completely agree with you. As a women I don't look for a certain Ethnicity or race of a person to date, I look for general qualities that I feel are important to me in a partner. I would like to think that most people born and raised in NY feel this way since we are all basically a bunch of mutts in a huge mixing pot, but I know there are people who hold different beliefs and values and will choose their mates based on their nationality and color. If thats what work for you then I guess go for it.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:12 PM

3,269 posts, read 4,659,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
people who say they "only" date white, black, hispanic, etc.... It's just a very strange/creepy kind of thing.
I agree. But what's funny is it's easier to understand people who say they won't date such-and-such instead of they'll only date such-and-such. Well, in my book.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 PM

6,037 posts, read 6,076,947 times
Asian women love white men so I think you're fishing with dynamite there.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:45 PM

14,780 posts, read 17,397,072 times
What a rice chaser!

Old 01-17-2011, 03:17 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,912,723 times
Iam going to get flamed for this statement ..Iam more into women who are not born in the states and grew up here and have become the all America women type of give me types that we seam to have now produce through the socalled women lib movement ..

How do you say this the more old school style of a women in the areas of dateing and values about family and childern and my wife grew up in Ireland and moved here when she was just 16 years old and when we met and married she had been here less than 4 years total in the states

So she had not really changed that much to the socalled American women movement way of thinking at the time that was going at the time of the begining of the 80s era of the last century

Old 01-17-2011, 03:27 PM

4,891 posts, read 8,976,550 times
Scum on....
Lets call a spade a spade huh?

White guys that SEEK out Asian girls {and ONLY Asian girls} are kinda creepy.

Seems like a 'size thing' but I dunno.......

Remember silly goose, MaxHardcore got locked up.

Max Hardcore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM

5,073 posts, read 5,416,786 times
Too many places to name. But just about anywhere in Manhattan from 110th st and down.

If you're a white guy you should not have any problem getting an Asian woman here. It has become very cliche

Old 01-17-2011, 05:05 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times
Also, it depends what kind of (East?) Asian woman you're looking for.

If you want recent arrivals, go to Fresh Meadows, Flushing or Bayside. The College-age ones tend to attend either Queens College or Baruch. The challenge with these types is that they tend to constrain themselves within their own communities, even if they would be attracted to a white guy if they gave it a try. You'll have to find a way to break into their groups.

If you're looking for either second-generations or those who practically grew up in the US, they tend to congregate in places where white people converge - art galleries, libraries, selective colleges/universities, finance, classical music, etc. They are looking to be picked up by white men - but not just any white men. The white guys they are attracted to are those who have similarly sphisticated tastes and show signs of having promising careers. There are professional/affinity groups that cater to Asian yuppies so you might want to join one of these. They actually host an annual conference (I attended the last one) and regular get-togethers.

Good luck and let us know how your quest goes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City