U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 AM

9,316 posts, read 13,844,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonracer View Post
I am Asian, female, and went to Stuyvesant High School and I find this thread extremely disturbing. If you ever date an Asian woman, especially one who is well-educated and successful you must never speak of her in this manner.The moment she finds out your a** will be tossed out on the curb.
So you're not saying the stereotypes aren't true, just that men shouldn't talk about them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 826 times
I'm black and would love to date a Asian women. ...347-697-861

Old 07-16-2015, 01:52 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,361,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonracer View Post
I am Asian, female, and went to Stuyvesant High School and I find this thread extremely disturbing. If you ever date an Asian woman, especially one who is well-educated and successful you must never speak of her in this manner.The moment she finds out your a** will be tossed out on the curb.

It is true that educated young Asian women (like educated women of any race) are picky as hell. I am a good example. I have a M.S. in Computer Science and currently work as a junior quant developer for a hedge fund. The last guy I fell in love with was a progressive-minded (a.k.a. feminist) German guy with a grad degree in economics working for the E.U. and he was pretty good-looking. I hadn't expected to fall for him but though I'm not a gold-digger I realized I do want social status. He had plenty of it.
I find it hilarious that you're so quick to admonish the OP for expressing a preference for women of a certain race, yet in the very next paragraph you describe how you picked a guy because of his social status, which I guess you consider a less shallow preference than race?

Non-white women routinely and often exclusively go for white men (as is evidenced by a number of well regarded studies published by dating websites), yet this isn't deemed a fetish at all. But if a guy decides to pick a woman based on her race/ethnicity, then he's a shallow creep etc. etc.

Double standards, much?

Old 07-16-2015, 03:13 PM

32 posts, read 27,762 times
As an Asian girl, I don't find the whole Asian preference any creepier than other men wanting to exclusively date blondes, person of their own faith, or a person of their own race/ethnicity. Everyone has a preference and an attraction, it's not something you can necessarily help. If the OP's preference is Asian girls, so be it. I think you make it "creepy" by implying there's only a sexual connotation with that preference or that he's hiding in the bushes stalking Asian girls.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:19 PM

14,795 posts, read 17,404,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
I find it hilarious that you're so quick to admonish the OP for expressing a preference for women of a certain race, yet in the very next paragraph you describe how you picked a guy because of his social status, which I guess you consider a less shallow preference than race?

Non-white women routinely and often exclusively go for white men (as is evidenced by a number of well regarded studies published by dating websites), yet this isn't deemed a fetish at all. But if a guy decides to pick a woman based on her race/ethnicity, then he's a shallow creep etc. etc.

Double standards, much?
This is NYC. Double standards amongst women run amok here. Again nothing wrong with that but that's the way things are here. She is right, college educated women are very picky and shallow, but she made a point that she had to be. But if it was a guy who posted that he would have vile vexed messages. NYC is the capital amongst female double standards and that's how the dice rolls here, but men have to deal with it.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:13 PM

751 posts, read 662,093 times
the so called asian fetish nonsense was created by the caucasian feminists who were complacent that these asian women were taking all of the successful white men away from them.

calling a physical preference a fetish was just these women's way to try and embarrass these men, and attach a stigma to them as being creepy.

apparently it didn't work out too well, because anyone with half a brain can tell the difference between a fetish and a preference.

fetishes are bizarre abnormal behaviors such as crossdressing, pedophillia, scatalogics, zoophillia etc..

interracial dating is a preference, not a fetish...

my brother (an irish guy) has only ever dated black women, and has mulattoe children.

He doesn't have a black fetish, he has a preference.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:23 PM

457 posts, read 566,631 times
I believe preference equals fetish.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:27 PM

3,336 posts, read 3,126,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
the so called asian fetish nonsense was created by the caucasian feminists who were complacent that these asian women were taking all of the successful white men away from them.

calling a physical preference a fetish was just these women's way to try and embarrass these men, and attach a stigma to them as being creepy.

apparently it didn't work out too well, because anyone with half a brain can tell the difference between a fetish and a preference.

fetishes are bizarre abnormal behaviors such as crossdressing, pedophillia, scatalogics, zoophillia etc..

interracial dating is a preference, not a fetish...

my brother (an irish guy) has only ever dated black women, and has mulattoe children.

He doesn't have a black fetish, he has a preference.
Just curious, does ur brother ever tell you how he came into a fetish preference of black girls?

I myself has a white fetish but I am firmly married to an asain which I did know why.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:35 PM

457 posts, read 566,631 times
Every Asian girlfriend I know is open 2 dating white men. They say they prefer it over Asian men because they can express their feelings with a white guy. They can't do that with Asian men. As you know, the Asian community is about being a perfectionist while getting all 100% on all exams (math and science of course) and juggling the act of playing the piano and violin simultaneously. Someone else raised the same way is not in the mood to be expressing their feelings with someone born and raised to be perfect, stoic, and emotionless.

From what they tell me, they feel more free with hairy white men who weren't raised to be perfect. Being imperfect is more fun anyways.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 PM

751 posts, read 662,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
I believe preference equals fetish.

case in point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City