U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 06:11 PM

610 posts, read 2,688,381 times

Advertisements

Where is the best place to meet single asian women in NYC?

Also, what do the Asian women in NYC think about white men?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 PM

784 posts, read 2,468,879 times
Stuyvesant High School...just kidding

Old 11-19-2009, 06:25 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,360,837 times
of the inter-racial couples i've seen in NYC so far (only been here a few weeks), most seem to be white-men with asian-women, so i guess you have it goin for you

good luck!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:23 PM

2,386 posts, read 5,275,587 times
I don't know but I seen Asian women in NYC be more open minded and go out with guys of other races that aren't White. I would say outside their race it'll be White men then Black guys. I know it sounds crazy but I really have seen a great increase of Asian women with Black guys.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:15 PM

4,502 posts, read 11,656,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post
Why not just go to places where you may meet people with similar interests? You may just find yourself a white, black, hispanic, jewish, german, polish, or russian woman you like. Why limit yourself to Asian women?

Quote:
I saw a play one time where the lead character (asian) was talking about white men who "only date asian women".... She said "in my country, we have a name for them. We call them Closet Queens".

Old 11-20-2009, 07:53 AM

120 posts, read 393,438 times
can't generalize here. im chinese and my wife is chinese. most of my female friends are asian. i would say most of them don't date non-asians, and some of them do. however - most, if not all, find guys who have an "asian-fetish" very creepy. so if you are looking to date asians just because you have an "asian fetish" - you better not show it. they don't want to be liked just because they're asian - and that's really easy to tell when you are the only non-asian guy in a room full of asians goggling at all the asian girls.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,491,753 times
Quote:

A college campus...

Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM

423 posts, read 1,102,180 times
Yeah, you just have to be a tall skinny white guy. Oh, possibly a college student too. You see a lot of white men/asian women/

Old 11-22-2009, 09:23 AM

3,225 posts, read 7,491,996 times
Quote:

HeeHa, re: first question, one can meet singe women of all nationalities throughout NYC. There are significant Asian populations in Queens and Brooklyn, e.g., in Flushing, Sunset Park, etc. They attend colleges, go to work, visit bars, restaurants, clubs, do things that all New Yorkers do.

Re: second question, I suspect that there is no universal consensus among Asian women about "white men" as your post suggests. It is my humble opinion as a longtime New Yorker, that most Asian women, like most women of other races and ethnicities - excluding those with preconceived notions, prejudices or baggage - evaluate men of their own race and of other races in terms of their deportment, character, dispostion, and behavior.

Good luck in your dating experience...I would be careful, however, not to appear to eligible ladies as a man on a quest for Asian women, as some may not interpret that kindly.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:49 AM

4,502 posts, read 11,656,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snifferer View Post
- most, if not all, find guys who have an "asian-fetish" very creepy..

I'm not Asian and I find it very creepy.... just like people who say they "only" date white, black, hispanic, etc.... It's just a very strange/creepy kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City