U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 12:36 AM

2 posts, read 1,784 times

Advertisements

Rochdale village is not a safe place to raise a family. The security is the worse. They are a bunch of cowards who harrass hard working tenants but scared of the criminals that dwell throughout all 20 buildings. They turn a blind eye all the time. The teenagers ride their bikes inside the shopping center and no one does anything about it. They act like badasses towards the wrong people. They are a bunch of ignorant losers. Coop city is way better than rochdale. Too many rats also , all around lazy staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 06:47 AM

20,129 posts, read 26,416,255 times
So, which did OP choose?

Old 08-24-2015, 06:49 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,946,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Co Op city is going to have it's own metro north stop in a couple of years which will cut the travel time to midtown substantially.
One in Morris Park/Pelham Pkwy?

Old 10-13-2015, 04:05 AM

1 posts, read 926 times
Rochdale Village is horrible. There's alot of gun violence. People getting killed especially in circle 4 & 5. The youths are out of control and the security are scared of them. The security are drug dealers themselves. They smoke weed and get drunk on the job. Not a good place to live considering the crime rate at an all time high. The employees there are there for a pay check. They don't care about the residents. Your car get vandalized alot, and broken into. It doesn't worth the headache. The neighbors are in your business alot and the Walls have ears. The hallways are always smelling of drugs. There's alot of drug trafficking that occurs there. You're not safe at all. Almost everyday there's a fight on the complex because of gang activities. Not a good place to raise your kids. There's no Peace in Rochdale Village. Its all about the MONEY. You have to constantly watch your back when you exit and enter. I feel bad for the elderly folks. They take advantage of them. The neighbors. The Mall is as ghetto it comes. Alot of perverted men standing around feening for anyone they can get to have sex with. The environment is not conducive to good health and welfare of anyone who's ambitious. People get robbed in the staircase, raped, stalked, followed, and beaten. All this that I've mentioned, are the Facts. If you don't believe me, take a unannounced tour of every complex and you will see for yourselves. The management are all corrupt and gold diggers. All they want is money, but to fix any problem in your apartment, it takes forever and you have to complain, and complain for too many times before its fix. It might be reasonable, but you know what they say when something comes cheap, its not Quality. Its What you pay for, is what you get.

Last edited by flydawg09; 10-13-2015 at 04:34 AM..

Old 10-16-2015, 09:33 PM

1,007 posts, read 579,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydawg09 View Post
Rochdale Village is horrible. There's alot of gun violence. People getting killed especially in circle 4 & 5. The youths are out of control and the security are scared of them. The security are drug dealers themselves. They smoke weed and get drunk on the job. Not a good place to live considering the crime rate at an all time high. The employees there are there for a pay check. They don't care about the residents. Your car get vandalized alot, and broken into. It doesn't worth the headache. The neighbors are in your business alot and the Walls have ears. The hallways are always smelling of drugs. There's alot of drug trafficking that occurs there. You're not safe at all. Almost everyday there's a fight on the complex because of gang activities. Not a good place to raise your kids. There's no Peace in Rochdale Village. Its all about the MONEY. You have to constantly watch your back when you exit and enter. I feel bad for the elderly folks. They take advantage of them. The neighbors. The Mall is as ghetto it comes. Alot of perverted men standing around feening for anyone they can get to have sex with. The environment is not conducive to good health and welfare of anyone who's ambitious. People get robbed in the staircase, raped, stalked, followed, and beaten. All this that I've mentioned, are the Facts. If you don't believe me, take a unannounced tour of every complex and you will see for yourselves. The management are all corrupt and gold diggers. All they want is money, but to fix any problem in your apartment, it takes forever and you have to complain, and complain for too many times before its fix. It might be reasonable, but you know what they say when something comes cheap, its not Quality. Its What you pay for, is what you get.
I spend alot of time in Co-op City, and it does not seem to be as dysfunctional as this post would describe Rochdale to be (I don't know Rochdale, but I imagine this poster is slightly exaggerating). Co-op city appears to be peaceful and quit. The grounds are well maintained. The progressively are adding more and more stores. There is adequate parking now that the garages have been repaired. Only issue is the lack of a train stop makes it somewhat isolated for one of the most dense communities in the city (this is a problem in Rochdale to but at least Rochdale has a LIRR station) so you need a car. I live in a small mitchell-lama coop (same program as Coop/Rochdale) nearby coop and so I imagine that when I need to upgrade to a bigger apartment I will be moving to either Coop or Rochdale since they have the largest housing stock.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:52 PM

306 posts, read 173,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydawg09 View Post

You are so Wrong , were did you get your information , your information IS NOT ACCURATE . I am upper middle class and I live there . You are SO WRONG

Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 PM

WRONG INFORMATION , People on the outside who don't know Rochdale village well , and who listen to what other ignorant people on the outside are saying , have all type of wrong and miss information about the place . DAMN , DAMN , yes the place was neglected a little around 2009 and before that , but now as Rochdale is one of the great areas of Jamaica Queens , no safety problem and it's affordable etc. I am upper middle class and I live there, I am doing good financially , I have money in the bank , my apartment in Rochdale is well furnish and I live WELL , and there are many people like me LIVING HERE . A lot of WRONG , WRONG , WRONG informations about Rochdale in this page . Anybody who is not familiar with the place and are interested go check it out YOURSELF , and don't read and listen to any informations people on the outside who never live there are telling you

Old 01-24-2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee73 View Post
Rochdale village is not a safe place to raise a family. The security is the worse. They are a bunch of cowards who harrass hard working tenants but scared of the criminals that dwell throughout all 20 buildings. They turn a blind eye all the time. The teenagers ride their bikes inside the shopping center and no one does anything about it. They act like badasses towards the wrong people. They are a bunch of ignorant losers. Coop city is way better than rochdale. Too many rats also , all around lazy staff.
You get your information WRONG , you are so WRONG . I am upper middle class and I live in Rochdale , not working class , and there are many upper middle class people who live in Rochdale . What you wrote is WRONG . You wrote things that you don't have any proof to back them up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City