Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 AM

4 posts, read 10,193 times

Advertisements

Co Op is better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,352,947 times
There are probably more young, single working folks in Co-Op City than in Rochdale. Generally speaking, Springfield Gardens and vicinity is family and older folks. Also, as another poster mentioned, you have Bay Plaza in the Bronx. There's also a new mall in Pelham (close to Co- Op City) with a brand new Fairway! I think there's just more to do in the area around Co-op City. Both places seem equally maintained but I am not sure if there's any cost differential.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:48 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,827,825 times
Rochdale Village and Coop City are both not bad areas I would say coop city

Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
I considered Co-Op City for quite a while being very impressed with the floorplans and ample space. I am CRAZY for space. The only thing daunting was that since I am very "downtown" centric, that endless commuting would kill me. Partner was pretty dead set against living "way up there" too and I would have had to use a lot of capital getting him to go.
So we stayed on the Jersey Cityy waterfront with it;s 10 minute PATH ride into town.

Co-Op City a good housing deal and certainly worth trying. You CANNOT lose any money on it.

(In truth, I know nothing about Rochdale.)

Old 02-19-2014, 09:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,338 times
Thumbs up Really Rochdale or New York

I lived in Rochdale from 1973 to 1983. Do to marriage and starting a family, homeownership was calling our name. Now after a world journey, we are now contemplating returning to New York and Rochdale.

As for crime, If you know of such a place where crime doesn't exist, please contact me. lol

I am interesting in knowing about places in New York, like Downtown Brooklyn, Long Island City and Manhattan where it would be great or nice for a fifty and single professor to live? Please feel free to contact me.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,132 times
I have resided in Rochdale for 40 years. I don't ever recollect seeing "junkies" on a daily basis as ill informed hazeleyes86 stated. As with any neighborhood, you will have undesirables. However the working class people who reside here have a respect for where they live. The building I reside in is impeccably kept. We have 24 hour security. I even had an assemblyman as my neighbor before he passed on. Rochdale is a safe place and has afforded me a life of comfort.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:14 AM

MissMo,

Practically speaking, why not apply for both and then make your decision when the time comes. Perhaps the decision will be made FOR you.

Both are a pain in the ass commute to Manhattan presuming that is where you work but I know that Co-op City has an express bus but that's a $260 working commute every month + perhaps a Metrocard for another $112.

But long ago I got the application package for Co-op city and I was impressed at the size of the apartments.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I considered Co-Op City for quite a while being very impressed with the floorplans and ample space. I am CRAZY for space. The only thing daunting was that since I am very "downtown" centric, that endless commuting would kill me. Partner was pretty dead set against living "way up there" too and I would have had to use a lot of capital getting him to go.
So we stayed on the Jersey Cityy waterfront with it;s 10 minute PATH ride into town.

Co-Op City a good housing deal and certainly worth trying. You CANNOT lose any money on it.

(In truth, I know nothing about Rochdale.)
Co Op city is going to have it's own metro north stop in a couple of years which will cut the travel time to midtown substantially.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:34 AM

MissMo,

Do you have any idea of what kind of waiting lists (timewise) both have?

Old 08-10-2014, 08:07 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
MissMo,

Do you have any idea of what kind of waiting lists (timewise) both have?
I've been told there both relatively pretty quick. 6 months to a year for a 1 bedroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City