Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:18 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,091,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
OK, you are entitled to your opinion, but you should get the facts straight. The PATH train (subway) runs to Jersey City 24 hours a day, just like the NYC subway, and at similar intervals. So...like you, I can also get home to Jersey City at 3 pm or 3 am.

And don't kid yourself ... 80% of the neighborhoods in the outer boroughs do NOT have the amenities that Jersey City has. Just ask my neighbors, many, and I mean MANY, who have moved to JC from NYC.
Ok im getting different information. I thought the path stopped running after 12 or 1 something like that. And dont kid yourself the path is not integrated in jersey city as well as trains is in the bronx and brooklyn.

I wouldnt have to ask your neighbors. The bronx alone, at 1.5 million, has like triple the amount of residents than jersey city. People from everywhere. What ammenities do you talk of.

The boroughs are extremely diverse,with diverse entertainment,more interesting neighborhoods, more world class institutions and better transportation. I dont get what your saying

Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,271,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Ok im getting different information. I thought the path stopped running after 12 or 1 something like that. And dont kid yourself the path is not integrated in jersey city as well as trains is in the bronx and brooklyn.

I wouldnt have to ask your neighbors. The bronx alone, at 1.5 million, has like triple the amount of residents than jersey city. People from everywhere. What ammenities do you talk of.

The boroughs are extremely diverse,with diverse entertainment,more interesting neighborhoods, more world class institutions and better transportation. I dont get what your saying
Do you know what an amenity is?

Hint -- it has nothing to do with the number of people who live in the Bronx versus how many people live in Jersey City, as you suggested.

And yes, PATH is 24/7...

Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:

Are you within a 5-10 minute walk of THREE subway stations? Becaue I am. I can be in Lower Manhattan in 6 minutes, for $1.50 Path ride. Or the West Village in 9 minutes. I think the PATH is integrated into Jersey City just fine.

Years ago I dated a gal from the Bronx. She always complained that she had to drive 10-15 minutes to the subway, and even then, it took over 45 minutes to get into Manhattan. Late night one night (3 am), after out in the city drinking, we took the subway back to her house...ONE HOUR wait at the station (no exaggeration), and it took 45 minutes once we were on the train.

Really?

She always just drove into the city.

The PATH is a pretty efficient system.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:03 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,091,766 times
Quote:
Are you within a 5-10 minute walk of THREE subway stations? Becaue I am. I can be in Lower Manhattan in 6 minutes, for $1.50 Path ride. Or the West Village in 9 minutes. I think the PATH is integrated into Jersey City just fine.

Years ago I dated a gal from the Bronx. She always complained that she had to drive 10-15 minutes to the subway, and even then, it took over 45 minutes to get into Manhattan. Late night one night (3 am), after out in the city drinking, we took the subway back to her house...ONE HOUR wait at the station (no exaggeration), and it took 45 minutes once we were on the train.

Really?

No you cant be in manhattan 6 minutes lol. Ive never heard someone from jc say that. Stop making it more than what it is. Like i said you could walk to manhattan from the boroughs,walk. Its all new york city anyway we dont really think about how close or far something is to manhattan considering the fact that whether your in riverdale or far rockaway your in nyc. Clowns from jersey city think there apart of a city, which exist within a different state,different government and over a big ass river mind you, because of how close they are to manhattan. The hudson is bigger than the east river

And that supposed girl u dated in the bronx is not representive of the entire borough. That goes without saying

I used to go to my aunts house, who lived right across the hudson. The trip to manhattan was 20-30 minutes. Stopp gassing it.

To the OP with rent as high as it is in JC your better off just becoming a new yorker

Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM

576 posts, read 1,596,744 times
Quote:

Really?

What in Gods name are you talking about? JC is no more convenient than any other borough unless you live in Downtown JC and work in Downtown NYC. Even then 6 minutes and 9 minutes?? Ive taken the Grove St path to NYC many times and yes its quick but 6 minutes and 9 minutes?? I think what Tommyc means to say is that DOWNTOWN JC is convenient to lower Manhattan. It all matters on how far you live from a train station, im sure many people from BX can make the same time to Midtown Manhattan as someone in my place who lived on the outskirts of JC (by Westside). Im not saying JC isnt super convenient but you embellish way to much. Also when I try to get back to NJ non rush hour times I've waited a very long time for a train to arrive too, no more no less than when I've taken trains from BK or BX. Im not choosing sides here just adding my personal input.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Oh and what train stations are a 5-10 min walk apart from each other? Honest question, I mean Ive walked from Grove to Exchange place and that's kind of a hike. JC is what it is, and I like it because it has character not because it has "more to do" .And remember JC is in New Jersey stop trying to hang on NYC's coat tails. Because its mostly the transplants that try and make JC the 6th borough , leave it what it is , one of NJ's largest Cities

Last edited by cf77; 12-02-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
No you cant be in manhattan 6 minutes lol. Ive never heard someone from jc say that. Stop making it more than what it is. Like i said you could walk to manhattan from the boroughs,walk. Its all new york city anyway we dont really think about how close or far something is to manhattan considering the fact that whether your in riverdale or far rockaway your in nyc. Clowns from jersey city think there apart of a city, which exist within a different state,different government and over a big ass river mind you, because of how close they are to manhattan. The hudson is bigger than the east river

And that supposed girl u dated in the bronx is not representive of the entire borough. That goes without saying

I used to go to my aunts house, who lived right across the hudson. The trip to manhattan was 20-30 minutes. Stopp gassing it.

To the OP with rent as high as it is in JC your better off just becoming a new yorker
Sorry, it's not 6 minutes...it's 7 minutes. I apologize...here is the link (please don't "lol" at me...being one minute off is not too shabby):

PATH Timetables | Newark - WTC Station | Weekday Service (http://www.panynj.gov/path/NWK_WTC_Weekday.html - broken link)

And sorry, 12 minutes to West Village, not 9:

PATH Timetables | Journal Square-33rd Street | Weekday Service (http://www.panynj.gov/path/JSQ_33rd_Weekday.html - broken link)

Happy? Now tell me how long it takes for you to get to anywhere worth going to in manhattan, from the Bronx! Since you "can walk" to manhattan from the Bronx...break it out into subway time and walking time. Thanks...

Old 12-02-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf77 View Post
Oh and what train stations are a 5-10 min walk apart from each other? Honest question, I mean Ive walked from Grove to Exchange place and that's kind of a hike. JC is what it is, to me it rules for what it is not because it has "more to do" and remember JC is in New Jersey stop trying to hang on NYC's coat tails. Because its mostly the transplants that try and make JC the 6th borough , leave it what it is , one of NJ's largest Cities
I am within 10 minutes, by foot to the following stations: Grove Street (4 minute walk), Exchange Place (9 minute walk), and Newport (9 minute walk). I live on Van Vorst Park.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
I am within 10 minutes, by foot to the following stations: Grove Street (4 minute walk), Exchange Place (9 minute walk), and Newport (9 minute walk). I live on Van Vorst Park.
Hahaha I work not far from there and unless you jog it your not making it to Newport walking in under 20 min.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:

Kind of like the "big ass river" that separates Manhattan from Brooklyn, and Queens? How about the huge bay that separates SI from the rest of NYC...now we're talking! You are funny. So just because in 1898 all 5 boroughs became incorporated, culture starts and stops within the borders of those 5 boroughs? And the culture and pulse of NYC somehow dies when it passes over the Hudson, right? Gotcha. I love your view, it makes me chuckle...you'd think it's 2 different countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City