U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 PM

648 posts, read 815,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSWFC View Post
The talk about is this neighbourhood safe because black people are there is like going back 50 years. Is this really how Americans think?
Are you trying to deny the fact that high crime neighborhoods are predominantly black? I personally have nothing against blacks if that is what you are going to do is call me racist but the truth tells all.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:12 PM

8,752 posts, read 8,653,889 times
I think high crime neighborhoods are predominantly black because the low-income white element has moved away. Let's step back and remember NYC's notorious slums/high crime nabes were all white just a few decades ago..despite the fact that there were sizable black populations in and around NYC. Irish slums were the worst..and violence was the order of the day.....Italians as well..street gangs were everywhere..robberies...fighting..attacks..knifing s...you name it..it was common. But hey..let's just erase history...or even rewrite it for that matter. Yes...high crime neighborhoods in NYC are predominantly black. You win for being so perceptive and smart!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I think high crime neighborhoods are predominantly black because the low-income white element has moved away. Let's step back and remember NYC's notorious slums/high crime nabes were all white just a few decades ago..despite the fact that there were sizable black populations in and around NYC. Irish slums were the worst..and violence was the order of the day.....Italians as well..street gangs were everywhere..robberies...fighting..attacks..knifing s...you name it..it was common. But hey..let's just erase history...or even rewrite it for that matter. Yes...high crime neighborhoods in NYC are predominantly black. You win for being so perceptive and smart!
It has nothing to do with winning I am sick of these politically correct yuppies trying not to step on anybody's toes.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM

Well I am sick of people who choose to ignore, rewrite history, or selective remember/believe whatever works for them. We all know that the low-income white criminals simply moved out of the neighborhoods or moved on to greener pastures..and the low-income blacks replaced them. The end.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well I am sick of people who choose to ignore, rewrite history, or selective remember/believe whatever works for them. We all know that the low-income white criminals simply moved out of the neighborhoods or moved on to greener pastures..and the low-income blacks replaced them. The end.
I am ignoring nothing. The fact is that black neighborhoods are higher crime. We are talking about now, the issue is now not in the past. Black neighborhoods are more crime ridden and the fact that people ignore the facts to avoid sounding racist is stupid. It is no racist to tell the truth.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:45 PM

Russian that is not the truth...black nabes today in NYC are probably less violent than white nabes 50+ years ago..so again I ask..what's your point? That low-income white criminal element has moved out/moved on, and low-income blacks moved in..same kind of people..different color. Please stop race-baiting and promoting ignorance.

Is it ok to say that white's steal the most money because white CEOs have looted billions upon billions from us? It's not racist to tell the truth remember. Let's do it your way then...whites steal billions, blacks rob you for your ipod..which would you prefer?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:53 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,956,253 times
Quote:
Russian that is not the truth...black nabes today in NYC are probably less violent than white nabes 50+ years ago..so again I ask..what's your point? That low-income white criminal element has moved out/moved on, and low-income blacks moved in..same kind of people..different color. Please stop race-baiting and promoting ignorance.

Is it ok to say that white's steal the most money because white CEOs have looted billions upon billions from us? It's not racist to tell the truth remember. Let's do it your way then...whites steal billions, blacks rob you for your ipod..which would you prefer?
I dunno about that. The NYC of the 1940s and 1950s was actually quite safe. You probably mean the NYC of the 1900s.

I agree with you in the sense that it's unfair to critize Black America's economic status since it's only been since the 1960s Blacks have had true, blue economic and social freedom. However, there is a glorification of violence and drama in inner-city Black and Latino hoods and it does put people on alert.

As for the second paragraph, one, thieft is thieft, and two, there are Blacks on Wall Street.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Yes there are as many blacks on wall street as there are whites in ghetto areas..so what's your point? Those that are pilfering this country are the white CEOs, but the reality is I don't believe any of this gibberish..I said it all to prove a point.

I indicated 50+ years ago because in general that was pre-people of color waves of immigration...which would also include 1900s. It is beyond unfair to criticize Black American's status when they were never allowed to own anything, could never build any wealth, and were just recently "granted" the formal rights most everyone else took for granted. Did you know as late as 1979 in NYC, Parkchester in the Bronx openly and aggressively prevented any people of color from living there? Scary.

People want to speak the truth so long as it fits their agenda...we have become a country of people repeating whatever it is they hear and then somehow it becomes truth...history, reality, and critical thinking no longer matter. The more ridiculous and loud you say something, repeatedly, the more people believe it is true.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,136,749 times
Crime happens where people are poor. Black, white, brown, yellow, whatever - green is what matters. I've been terrified in urban neighborhoods and rural ones and the color of the people didn't matter. Been to middle America lately? The rust belt? Meth is burning through towns without any people of color.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:48 PM

I haven't experienced the whole meth epidemic in middle America, nor do I really know anyone who has. Can anyone shed some light on it, and maybe compare it in terms of crack in the late 80s/early 90s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City