U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM

784 posts, read 1,648,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
wow elitist a little bit?
somebody has to do these jobs, if not you then fine. but dont look down on them they provide a service like anybody else. and they need somewhere to live too.
Who says they need to live close to their place of employment? Nobody is entitled to housing that is close to their place of employment.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM

81 posts, read 264,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
Well at least Mexicans come here to work and have the desire to work so they can provide and send money back to their families in Mexico. As oppose to some cocky, ghetto inner city NYer who has too much pride in working a minimum wage job and wants nothing but the the fast money despite the fact they are uneducated. Therefore they opt to sell drugs in their hoods destroying communities. And these are the same people on section 8 and welfare that me tax dollars go to? You got to be kidding me.

Despite their legal status of residence, I'd rather give my hard earned tax money to a Mexican that actually contributes to the working force in society and who actually has the desire to work and provide than to give it to some ignorant and arrogant, ghetto inner city drug dealer in form of a welfare check or section 8 voucher.

affordable housing + section 8 do not equal drug dealing lowlifes. the way you assume that it does is scary. if that illegal immigrant is sucking up all the city services like health care, police and fire protection ect, but paying very little taxes, if any and sending most of his check to mexico(for example)how is that good for the city or country?.....these days to be on welfare you have to work, either on your own or for the city and most people on section 8 work too...alot of people on section 8 were formerely homeless or domestic violence victims....believe me youd rather have these people in they'r own apt paying a portion of the rent than in the shelter system being totally supported by your tax dollars

Old 01-03-2010, 07:41 PM

461 posts, read 1,093,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAnalyst View Post
Who says they need to live close to their place of employment? Nobody is entitled to housing.

Exactly. And who told them to drop out of school and become an uneducated and unqualified NYer to the point that they have to resort to accepting a minimum wage job?

They put it upon themselves and now they have to sleep in the bed they made.

So stop crying broke and stop blaming greedy business owners for the lack in wages. It's their fault, no one else. If you're unhappy, educate yourself so you can qualify for a higher paying job but until you do, stop complaining and pointing fingers. And if still not happy, then move...you can be easily replaced.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM

9,671 posts, read 16,860,330 times
Quote:
Last year salaries surged 40%, to an average of $160 a month,

peanuts to what u need to survive in NYC. im sorry but this isnt a good example.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-03-2010, 07:46 PM

81 posts, read 264,783 times
Quote:
Ummmm yes he does have time to scam the system. I work in the hood. I'm surrounded by ghetto people every single day and I observe them, over hear their conversations, see obvious drug transactions and everything in between. I know how it goes down.

Don't forget I'm from the Bronx and work in the Bronx which has the highest concentration of ghetto, low income people in NY. My stereotype in general is 100% correct. If its not in their name, its under their baby's mama name or their mama's name. Ask Tyrone.
and lets not start with generalizations or stereotypes, criminals and people who scam the system come from all colors and backrounds.....Ask Bernie Madoff, Junior Gotti or Micheal Bloomberg

Old 01-03-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Who says they need to live close to their place of employment? Nobody is entitled to housing that is close to their place of employment.
its not about that....the simple fact is lets say you work for mcdonalds and you make 750 a month...u live in staten island in a studio....are u gonna work at a mcdonalds in staten island or in manhattan? common sense.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
its not about that....the simple fact is lets say you work for mcdonalds and you make 750 a month...u live in staten island in a studio....are u gonna work at a mcdonalds in staten island or in manhattan? common sense.
So then you work in Staten Island. Someone else will take the job in Manhattan.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Exactly. And who told them to drop out of school and become an uneducated and unqualified NYer to the point that they have to resort to accepting a minimum wage job?

They put it upon themselves and now they have to sleep in the bed they made.

So stop crying broke and stop blaming greedy business owners for the lack in wages. It's their fault, no one else. If you're unhappy, educate yourself so you can qualify for a higher paying job but until you do, stop complaining and pointing fingers. And if still not happy, then move...you can be easily replaced.
wow with that attitude it is evident that you see that the guy who sells u your newspaper, the guy that pumps your gas, the guy that rings up your groceries doesnt have a place in this city. well, to hell with it, replace them all with robots and maybe you'll be satisfied.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
So then you work in Staten Island. Someone else will take the job in Manhattan.
the question is who? the person at the bottom of the totem pole will....prolly somebody not even a citizen....u dont see a problem with that?

Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
the question is who? the person at the bottom of the totem pole will....prolly somebody not even a citizen....u dont see a problem with that?
How do you know that this person won't be a citizen? You are assuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City