Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 07:43 PM

56 posts, read 415,072 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, I really dont want to live here anymore & i want to live in a good, safe neighborhood in The Bronx. Does anybody have any good ideas of any good place to live in The Bronx? im not worried about transportation. Here's some neighborhoods i looked over, but need some help with them, if anybody could help that would really make me happy.

The neighborhoods im really thinking about is, Crotona Pk East (East Morrisaina), Castle Hill, Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, Country club (guess there's not really much of a diffrence to Pelham Bay), Pelham Gardens, & Eastchester. Also maybe somthing around Pelham Pkwy & Eastchester Road. please tell me about these neighborhoods if they are good or not to live in. Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
LOL one of those its not like the others.

Crotona Park East? I hope you're kidding about that. Lets just say its a worse neighborhood than Crown Heights.

Eastchester can be sketchy in some parts. And to a lesser extent, Castle Hill.

The rest are fine.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:34 PM

588 posts, read 947,559 times
Riverdale, Woodlawn

Old 12-21-2009, 03:47 PM

283 posts, read 521,801 times
Kingsbridge.

Was there earlier today. Fairly nice, diverse & looks pretty safe to me.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:51 PM

i dont even know why i wrote East Morrisainia i take that neigborhood back

Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 PM

i also forgot about woodlawn. ive been to both eastchester & woodlawn. basicly when i was in wood lwan i didnt feel like i was new york let alone the bronx. Dyre ave north of 233 is beautiful.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:49 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
I'm a native Bronxite here, so I know a lot of the neighborhoods. Riverdale, Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, Woodlawn are nice areas...Pelham Parkway/Morris Park are nice too.

Things could have changed quite a bit since '04, but I owned a nice condo along the White plains road area. I found the 238th Street area to be safe, not to mention has a nice Caribbean vibe to it (similar to Crown Heights back in the day -- not sure if it's like that anymore).

I tried to live close to the train, so some of the neighborhoods above might be off-putting because they require the use of a bus. Morris Park, close to the 5, and Pelham Parkway close to the 2 were my 'hoods of choice. The 242nd St Van Cortland/#1 train area wasn't so bad either.

Jeez, now I'm home sick....

Old 12-22-2009, 05:02 AM

185 posts, read 535,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTA6TRAIN View Post
I currently live in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, I really dont want to live here anymore & i want to live in a good, safe neighborhood in The Bronx. Does anybody have any good ideas of any good place to live in The Bronx? im not worried about transportation. Here's some neighborhoods i looked over, but need some help with them, if anybody could help that would really make me happy.

The neighborhoods im really thinking about is, Crotona Pk East (East Morrisaina), Castle Hill, Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, Country club (guess there's not really much of a diffrence to Pelham Bay), Pelham Gardens, & Eastchester. Also maybe somthing around Pelham Pkwy & Eastchester Road. please tell me about these neighborhoods if they are good or not to live in. Thank you very much!
Are any of the above neighborhoods near Fordham University, Rose Hill Campus? If so, which ones?

This may be off topic (I am unfamiliar with NYC) but is the area around Rose Hill considered "safe"?

Old 12-22-2009, 05:29 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camer View Post
Are any of the above neighborhoods near Fordham University, Rose Hill Campus? If so, which ones?

This may be off topic (I am unfamiliar with NYC) but is the area around Rose Hill considered "safe"?
The areas to the East(Pelham Parkway,Morris Park,etc) are quite safe.The areas to the Northwest( Bedford Park,Norwood) are also quite safe.The neighborhood to the immediate South(Belmont,Arthur Ave) is fairly safe.The area to the immediate West (Bedford-Fordham) can be a little dicey.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camer View Post

I'd live on the other side of the Garden by Bronx Park E/Pelham Parkway. I probably wouldn't live near Fordham as a single person, especially around Jerome Ave. It wasn't good then and I doubt it has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City