U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-30-2010, 09:50 PM

9,203 posts, read 15,792,402 times
Default i went to the bronx today

i went to city island with the wife, then to kill time i drove down pelham pkwy to fordham rd to arthur ave little italy then down to e tremont to the concourse up the concourse and down fordham again to pelham pkwy to co-op city.....bx looks much cleaner! and bluedog2 your neighborhood is gorgeous......i i was to live in the bronx the white house (executive towers at 1020 grand concourse) would always be my 1st choice but your neighborhood is now second on my list....only con i can see is the parking tho....

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-31-2010, 06:33 AM

6,149 posts, read 9,557,925 times
Luckily ,I don't have a car so I don't have to deal with the parking except occasionally. I live in a part of the neighborhood though (North of Pelham Parkway and next to the Botanical Garden) where it really doesn't seem that bad .If you get home and park a car by 7:00 or 8:00 pm there seems to be no problem.The later it gets,the more difficult.During thee day it's wide open.You can come and go anywhere.
I think the situation is much worse South of the parkway and to the West of White Plains Road.

Anyway,I'm two blocks from the subway or busses in every direction so I don't need one.

Funny,1020 Grand Concourse has grown on me over the years.At one time I thought it was hideous but I looked at apartments there a few years ago and I now realize that it is actually a lavishly constructed period ( 60's) piece.Luckily,it weathered the storm of the 80's and 90's pretty well and is almost like going into a museum now.Hope they don't decide to mess around with the lobby or any of the public spaces !

Last edited by bluedog2; 01-31-2010 at 06:42 AM..

Unread 01-31-2010, 08:12 AM

4,325 posts, read 4,991,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
i went to city island with the wife, then to kill time i drove down pelham pkwy to fordham rd to arthur ave little italy then down to e tremont to the concourse up the concourse and down fordham again to pelham pkwy to co-op city.....bx looks much cleaner! and bluedog2 your neighborhood is gorgeous......i i was to live in the bronx the white house (executive towers at 1020 grand concourse) would always be my 1st choice but your neighborhood is now second on my list....only con i can see is the parking tho....
Glad you enjoyed the Bronx. We get so much of a bad rep these days lol.

Unread 01-31-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Luckily ,I don't have a car so I don't have to deal with the parking except occasionally. I live in a part of the neighborhood though (North of Pelham Parkway and next to the Botanical Garden) where it really doesn't seem that bad .If you get home and park a car by 7:00 or 8:00 pm there seems to be no problem.The later it gets,the more difficult.During thee day it's wide open.You can come and go anywhere.
I think the situation is much worse South of the parkway and to the West of White Plains Road.

Anyway,I'm two blocks from the subway or busses in every direction so I don't need one.

Funny,1020 Grand Concourse has grown on me over the years.At one time I thought it was hideous but I looked at apartments there a few years ago and I now realize that it is actually a lavishly constructed period ( 60's) piece.Luckily,it weathered the storm of the 80's and 90's pretty well and is almost like going into a museum now.Hope they don't decide to mess around with the lobby or any of the public spaces !
actually thats when i noticed the parking issue.....south of pelham pkwy cause all thouse blocks (holland, barnes, wallace) are just buildings.

Unread 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM

4 posts, read 9,244 times
I am a Bronx native Clay Avenue section. I moved to Westchester when I was a kid with my parents to Y.O or Yonkers. I have been there ever since. I like because its close to the Bronx but hate it because it tries to be like the Bronx. So any chance I get I go to E.187th St. and Aurthur Ave to get "real Cannoli's" from Egidio's or a place two blocks down that's a little bigger. I love the Bronx and I think that I will move back because Westchester is not NYC.

Unread 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM

6,149 posts, read 9,557,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonkers-socialworker View Post
...........So any chance I get I go to E.187th St. and Aurthur Ave to get "real Cannoli's" from Egidio's or a place two blocks down that's a little bigger. .....
OMG,I am going to walk over to Egidio's right now to get some cannoli.
They are the best in NY!

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM

3,278 posts, read 2,162,161 times
You should also check out the Van Courtlandt/Sedgwick area. Kingsbridge with its high hills is beautiful too. The Bx IS a beautiful borough for those who really want to explore it. So underrated

Unread 02-01-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
You should also check out the Van Courtlandt/Sedgwick area. Kingsbridge with its high hills is beautiful too. The Bx IS a beautiful borough for those who really want to explore it. So underrated
i never went over there...i always bypass and go to marble hill/riverdale...one day tho

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:24 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,475,746 times
Seventh...you only saw a small part of the Bronx..there was alot more to see..and alot more going on. It is improving in leaps and bounds....for the people by the people!

Unread 02-02-2010, 10:49 AM

yeah gwac i know....i havent been to morrisania in a while and i will check it out soon.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City