U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 PM

11,329 posts, read 17,040,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Coney Island will get two new amusement parks and 23 new rides - including roller coasters, a human slingshot, and go-karts - over the next two summers, Mayor Bloomberg announced Tuesday.

Coney Island is reaching into its storied past for its bright new future.

Mod cut: copyright violation
Coney Island will get two new amusement parks, 23 new rides

I know its already known that Coney Island will be getting a much needed upgrade but I felt this went more in depth about the actually rides. I think its great, to me Coney Island (minus the Cyclone & Wonder Wheel) always felt more like a bummy 'ol fair than an actually amusement park.

Last edited by Viralmd; 02-17-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:27 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,153,532 times
This is a whole renovation project for Brooklyn.With the Nets coming to Brooklyn soon,they are looking to clean up alot of the areas and give it a new life. I think this is great.My wife comes from that area and she too is thrilled.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:48 PM

44 posts, read 162,218 times
I agree. The renovation of Coney Island is great. Throw out all the trash. (And keep it out)

Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 AM

4,502 posts, read 11,962,150 times
I'm glad they're renovating it, too. I took my daughter there about 2 years ago after we went to the Aquarium. I found the amusement park to be disgusting, dirty, scammy, and trashy. The only decent part was away from the "amusements" area and on the boardwalk.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:04 AM

6,967 posts, read 18,172,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
This is a whole renovation project for Brooklyn.With the Nets coming to Brooklyn soon,they are looking to clean up alot of the areas and give it a new life. I think this is great.My wife comes from that area and she too is thrilled.

when are the Nets moving to brooklyn?

so, is coney island going to be times square on the beach?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,460,189 times
I'm glad to see the renovations in Coney Island because it'll restore some of the luster to a legitimately historic area. Coney was the father (and, for that matter, grandfather) of all the amusement centers around the country. There's nothing like the original!

As for the Nets--that's going to pose a problem for Knick fans (like myself). How do you turn your back on the team you've rooted for all your life? Besides, the way they're playing now, hey, let 'em stay in Jersey! Seriously, though, they've run into more opposition than they counted on. I don't doubt that the arena at Atlantic Yards will be built, but I think you can fuhgeddabout a timetable. When it happens, it happens.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:31 AM

15 posts, read 31,655 times
First they need to get rid of the projects and tear everything down form 10th street to sea gate...second, they need to rebuild and keep all the dirt and scum out of there. Lastly, they need good marketing to get people to trust c i and keep it clean for people to enjoy and want to come again. THIS WILL NOT EVER HAPPEN!!! There is no way to get rid of the projects...and as long as the projects are there...c i will always be a dangerous place...in daytime or night!!! Just my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City