U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 05:44 AM

6,056 posts, read 10,791,527 times

Advertisements

appreciate a place that is a big city like New York City but not be arrogant about it, such as in my case.

Im annoyed how some people on "city data" seem to look down upon places that arent big cities. I am from New York City but I can respect places that are not big cities like NYC and I like certain things about NYC a lot. The big cities wouldnt exist if it wasnt for the food grown in areas that arent big cities, and some people seem to forget how much we have to rely on the natural resources Earth has and how we need to protect these areas for Earth to not collapse. I feel like there should be progressive sophisticated investment in places that arent big cities as well and not just big cities. Every place on Earth CANT BE a big city. It wouldnt be sustainable at all.

And Im annoyed by how some people view people who dont come from big cities and think the people from places like that arent as cultured/intellectual/interesting as people from big cities on so on. I actually know many people not from big cities that are more cultured/intellectual/interesting than people I know from certain big cities. I have close friends from New York City but I have close friends from rural ohio and pennsylvania and I repect those friends not from NYC just as much and find then to be such cultured/intellectual/interesting people.

Even though Seattle is "less urban" than New York City in some ways, I'll take Seattle any day over New York CityThere are certain things I like about New York and what it represents but some things I truly dislike about that place, the quality of life with certain things, and what it represents. And I am a "cultured, urban" type of person with high ambitions. I am very picky too. If I decide to not live in Seattle, it would be San Francisco and if it wasnt San Francisco, I would likely go back to live In New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or