Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 08:15 AM

253 posts, read 539,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
looks like its gonna be tough to fill these 3 classes. i would not doubt sanitation calling even more guys from the list since the cdl class is filling up super quickly and if any of thoes who take the class fail they wont be able to get another road test until after the 3 classes are hired. beaver overbooked the hearing test so i got everything except for that done on thursday but have to go back to manhattan on monday to finish my medical.
I dont know if they are gonna have a problem... I went for medical in the 7th and out of about 45 guys 43 (including me) had the cdl's already... Not to mention DSNY CDL class has like a 90% pass rate. my class was the smallest had like 20 people... I think one failed...

I know this is like spreading rumors...But I heard they are pushing for 50 guys bring the total to 350? Anyone hear anything different?

Old 08-13-2011, 11:59 AM

13 posts, read 21,514 times
Other than drugs, what can be reasons for failing the blood and urine test?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:58 PM

243 posts, read 681,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
I dont know if they are gonna have a problem... I went for medical in the 7th and out of about 45 guys 43 (including me) had the cdl's already... Not to mention DSNY CDL class has like a 90% pass rate. my class was the smallest had like 20 people... I think one failed...

I know this is like spreading rumors...But I heard they are pushing for 50 guys bring the total to 350? Anyone hear anything different?
the candidates in your group already knew that they would be called sooner or later (like myself and the few before me) so they are probably the most prepared. the higher they go on the list the less qualified and or ready these people are going to be. Don't forget all the people who are going to no-show and fail the drug test !

Old 08-13-2011, 04:01 PM

243 posts, read 681,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcero View Post
Other than drugs, what can be reasons for failing the blood and urine test?

anything extremely out of the normal i would assume low red blood cell count, high cholesterol, ect . they do a cbc and toxicology on your blood. so anything not picked up in the urine test may come up in the blood test.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 PM

46 posts, read 176,077 times
does anyone know if the 1st class is full yet?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:55 PM

46 posts, read 176,077 times
I can't wait to be on this job already!!! Im at 136*, does anyone think I'll make any 1 of these classes? We all have been waiting a long time.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,057,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSANMAN View Post
I can't wait to be on this job already!!! Im at 136*, does anyone think I'll make any 1 of these classes? We all have been waiting a long time.
Raises my right hand, either the 2nd or 3rd. I have to say that all of you guys who got the letters and those who will
get them soon are handling this well, considering the long wait they put you through.

What they did was illegal! (not hiring for 2+ years)
The problem is nobody is representing the 6063 list.
Yes, I know Harry is pushing for more hiring, what I mean is
somebody from the 6063 list(a list rep) is that makes any sense, lol.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 PM

208 posts, read 438,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Raises my right hand, either the 2nd or 3rd. I have to say that all of you guys who got the letters and those who will
get them soon are handling this well, considering the long wait they put you through.

What they did was illegal! (not hiring for 2+ years)
The problem is nobody is representing the 6063 list.
Yes, I know Harry is pushing for more hiring, what I mean is
somebody from the 6063 list(a list rep) is that makes any sense, lol.
There is no law giving a quota for hiring, it even says in the notice of examination that the list is for potential appointment as a san worker. The fact that the list was extended was just a courtesy.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:21 AM

13 posts, read 21,514 times
I have a stupid question. I have my cdl permit, did my medical. My blood pressure was fine. EKG was perfect and passed my hearing and vision with flying colors. X-Ray went smooth. Breathalyzer 0.00 and I don't do drugs. I'm not really worried about my medical results. However, I drink on occasion/socially and I admitted this to them on the questionnaire. When I had to see the Doc, he asked me about it. Hey, they stressed to be honest, right??

Medically, I'm not worried about the results. I'm in pretty good shape, perfect weight for my height, athletic and my blood and urine tests should return pretty normal. However, I'm worried that my ADMISSION to alcohol consumption will be held against me, even tho I explained to him that I do it on occasion. I know my health is fine, but my stupid question is whether my ADMISSION will be grounds to get the boot, even though my medical results come in perfect??

Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 AM

876 posts, read 2,140,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parcero View Post
I have a stupid question. I have my cdl permit, did my medical. My blood pressure was fine. EKG was perfect and passed my hearing and vision with flying colors. X-Ray went smooth. Breathalyzer 0.00 and I don't do drugs. I'm not really worried about my medical results. However, I drink on occasion/socially and I admitted this to them on the questionnaire. When I had to see the Doc, he asked me about it. Hey, they stressed to be honest, right??

Medically, I'm not worried about the results. I'm in pretty good shape, perfect weight for my height, athletic and my blood and urine tests should return pretty normal. However, I'm worried that my ADMISSION to alcohol consumption will be held against me, even tho I explained to him that I do it on occasion. I know my health is fine, but my stupid question is whether my ADMISSION will be grounds to get the boot, even though my medical results come in perfect??
You have nothing to worry about. It is legal to drink and they cant disqualify you for doing that on your own time. Since your breathalyzer was 0.00 there is nothing to worry about. But if you want to worry go ahead it wont affect you getting this job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City