Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM

128 posts, read 268,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss89# View Post
Ok, I was just asking because after my hearing exam today, I asked the lady and she said that they could not tell me. That the results go to HR and they will let us know.
Just nervous and wanted to know if they were telling anyone right after there test.
Swiss. How long did the medical take? Did u get everything done in one day ? How long are u at the clinic for?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:21 PM

40 posts, read 71,746 times
[quote=olo123;20469957]Swiss. How long did the medical take? Did u get everything done in one day ? How long are u at the clinic for?[/QUOTE

Clinic was Friday 7 - 11. Today did hearing and blood work about an hour for both. Also did the X-ray today, that was about 4 hours.
They have so many of us going to the hearing and X-ray its going to take everyone at least 2 days. I didn't even have the opinion to do it all in one day.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:34 PM

128 posts, read 268,705 times
[quote=swiss89#;20470089]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olo123 View Post
Swiss. How long did the medical take? Did u get everything done in one day ? How long are u at the clinic for?[/QUOTE

Clinic was Friday 7 - 11. Today did hearing and blood work about an hour for both. Also did the X-ray today, that was about 4 hours.
They have so many of us going to the hearing and X-ray its going to take everyone at least 2 days. I didn't even have the opinion to do it all in one day.
Thanks Swiss. Just trying to plan out the day but from what I see one day for eveything is not happening.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM

82 posts, read 152,048 times
How many days after pre orientation is the medical usually scheduled?...or is it the same day?
thanks

Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 PM

58 posts, read 100,395 times
They'll hire again off this list...guys are retiring left and right plus the job is changing quickly...things are happening that are gonna make guys with over 20 years getting out as fast as they can leaving plenty of spots open for new hires

Old 08-15-2011, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 6,027 times
Just to help with the updating, I am list #1466 and have pre employment on August 24th. 49 months since I took the test! I hope the wait is worth it!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:39 PM

146 posts, read 259,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDriver View Post
Like they said,seniority counts for much on this job. In less then six years you stand to be earning six figures with the ability to retire at half pay after 20 years. If your current job is at least as good as that,then by all means do as you said. If not,than do whatever it takes to keep the orientation appointment.
What job you workin lol 6 figures in less than 6 years are you a brain surgeon on the side? You gonna have alot of guys after you in 6 years when they still on cleaning somedays .

Old 08-15-2011, 09:58 PM

360 posts, read 736,005 times
Hey guys have a quick question early augest i was having muscle spasums in my right shoulder so my docter prescribed me with 5mg of cyclobenzaprine (sorta like a really low grade pain killer) he only gave me like 10 pills and the final result was my shoulder is 100% .. ok now last time i took the last pill was augest 9th i have preorination on augest 24th ... i think the drug test will be fine but should i tell them the dates and bring in the priscription i dont want to fail either the blood or urine test...but then a friend on the job was telling me its problay better to not say anything cause the second you say anything they get jumpy and start asking a million questions.Should i tell them about shoulder and the light medication..? if i have a prescription i cant imagine they would disqualify me... looking for advice thanks guys....

Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatball6063 View Post
They'll hire again off this list...guys are retiring left and right plus the job is changing quickly...things are happening that are gonna make guys with over 20 years getting out as fast as they can leaving plenty of spots open for new hires
Those 20+ year sanmen are the minority. Over 70% of the work force
has 10yrs or less on the job. How would they accomplish that?
forced buy outs? severance package?

salary wise..3 probies= 1 super senior sanman. A new pension tier in my
opinion would result in a mass hiring for the last year of this list.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
In my opinion DCAS is in shambles due to the complete enforcement of the Long Beach decision and has to administer a test for every city position which was the reason for extending the list.....contrary to popular belief exams do not have to be administered on a routine basis for the city can and will do what they want......there were plenty exams that I have taken in the past which not a single person was hired off of and they eventually expired....again this is just my opinion based on alot of previous experience and also working for the city
What exams did you take where not one single person was hired over
the 4 yr duration of the list? Yes, I agree about DCAS being in shambles.
The Mayor hand picks the DCAS commish so that person in essence becomes a rubber stamp for mayoral policy.

DCAS dis functional organizational chart:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloa...ganization.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City