Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 03:22 AM

128 posts, read 268,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faubs110 View Post
Your day off during the week rotates in a constant fashion...this week Monday...next week Tuesday...the next week Wednesday etc....with a Sanman's chart you don't always follow suit and you get more thurs/fri off......broom guys are off wed one week then sat the next week and it keeps flip flopping back and forth so you can see why a broom guy may want to jump ship if they go to the officer's chart system......your garage determines what you get so you pretty much have no say
To all the OTJ guys thank you for helping us rookies. Lol. Helps a lot. What are the broom garages in manhattan ?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:34 AM

156 posts, read 327,140 times
This is a link to all the garage locations.

(just noticed no broom garage locations noted sorry)

But for the most part brooms sometimes come out of reg garages.

DSNY - About DSNY - Garage Locations

I use this list for wheneva i go out of town to anther garage in case i forget where it is...

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 AM

24 posts, read 75,373 times
I received my Pre employment letter yesterday!! I have to report to HR Tuesday at 8am sharp. Can anyone tell me what this day will consist of and how long I will be there? It also asks for proof of residency June 07- Dec 07 then it gives a list of things I can bring to prove, How many of those items do I need? 2? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:00 AM

128 posts, read 268,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag672 View Post
This is a link to all the garage locations.

(just noticed no broom garage locations noted sorry)

But for the most part brooms sometimes come out of reg garages.

DSNY - About DSNY - Garage Locations

I use this list for wheneva i go out of town to anther garage in case i forget where it is...
Thanks Trag. Since most of us are going to either the Bronx or manhattan I want to choose a decent garage in the city. (I'm from SI) any ideas? As usual greatly appreciated.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 PM

85 posts, read 138,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad397 View Post
so whats the consensus on the boots ? nike acg ? redwings ? im really looking for the most comfortable pair and i don't mind paying a little extra
I went red wing I love them. So comfortable.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM

24 posts, read 75,373 times
How was 1st week of work?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM

124 posts, read 214,879 times
GMan21 I guess you haven't been reading past posting. I know you're new but theres a lot of info and talk about pre employment from about the 170-200. If you have the time to scroll back and read. If not then I guess you will be briefed.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:04 PM

5 posts, read 10,916 times
hello, my list # is 158* I have a cdl and I was told that I passed the medical. What to expect next?

Old 09-16-2011, 05:07 PM

51 posts, read 101,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMan21 View Post
I received my Pre employment letter yesterday!! I have to report to HR Tuesday at 8am sharp. Can anyone tell me what this day will consist of and how long I will be there? It also asks for proof of residency June 07- Dec 07 then it gives a list of things I can bring to prove, How many of those items do I need? 2? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi Gman welcome and congrats on receiving your letter! Usually one of the examples of proof will do. But what you should do is bring as much as you can it doesn't hurt. I believe my first orientation I used my bank statement as that was fine. You will be getting out of there approximately 1pm. Bring a snack.

The first week of training we did various paperwork and had speakers in the class for the first two days. Following that, we are learning to operate the various equipment the department has as well as learning some maintenance. It's alot of info overwhelming at times but i'm taking it one day at a time. I would advise that you go through past pages when you get a chance. There is a wealth of information that will definitely prepare you for the journey ahead. Good Luck to you!

Old 09-16-2011, 05:28 PM

85 posts, read 138,597 times
Listen to ego guys he is right i am in the class with him probably talk to him every morning and don't no it but its all true and very interesting so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City