Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM

124 posts, read 214,879 times

Advertisements

Arrest is my keyword that's all I need I was investigated for NYPD and State Corrections and during my interview they only questioned me on arrest not summonses so I believe their investigation is tougher. But hey we all do things our way. Good luck. Even the investigator for pre employment told me that wasn't necessary...final word...

Old 08-16-2011, 08:30 PM

124 posts, read 214,879 times
Lol some people here are hilarious. I've never heard of anyone getting sentence up to 15 days for a summons that didn't deal with an arrest. If it was that serious I believe you would have been arrested. Urinating in public, open containers are nothing serious. Listen to yourself. Even my girl who works for the courts started LOL reading this post.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:29 PM

38 posts, read 68,417 times
No matter What happens to any of us . We are all here looking for the same thing some advice that can give us a bit of insight on what we are going to expirenc. So to those that are done give us some encouragement so that if we fail at least we try . Im going soon for my pre. Orientation I have a wife and two beautiful kids . I know that if I get this my life would be complete as funny as that my sound to some I really need this so I am putting it in Gods hands and I who's you all the best and my he bless you as well ...... :-)

Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM

30 posts, read 49,022 times
How can you find out if you have any nypd summons for like open container or fireworks on record? One i was like 16 and the other i was like 19 or 20 years old and never did anything with them. This is going back to like the mid 1990's. I just want to be sure. Any info would be great help, thanks

Old 08-17-2011, 02:49 AM

184 posts, read 338,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDACURA71 View Post
Lol some people here are hilarious. I've never heard of anyone getting sentence up to 15 days for a summons that didn't deal with an arrest. If it was that serious I believe you would have been arrested. Urinating in public, open containers are nothing serious. Listen to yourself. Even my girl who works for the courts started LOL reading this post.

Maybe you should laugh at yourself for having half a brain. If you knew the law you would know that a violation is something you can serve up to 15 days on....misdemeanor up to a year...etc....which was all I was pointing out. Your girl shouldn't be laughing either especially if she works in the court for she should know this but then again birds of a feather. I have seen plenty of judges had out jail time on summonses especially when the offenders are destitute. Instead of just keeping your mouth shut you want to mock good advice to the possible candidates. If you aren't on the job yet then go ahead and don't list the summonses for I couldn't really give a ****. You'll be the ass who lost his job for not disclosing a summons. And you most def have to disclose all criminal summoses for NYPD background investigation so I don't know who you think you're kidding on this board. There are no pre-employment investigators for DSNY so again you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about. Why don't you just keep quiet because your comments are just inane for those who are serious in obtaining this job.

Last edited by faubs110; 08-17-2011 at 03:08 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 AM

184 posts, read 338,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusDSNY View Post
How can you find out if you have any nypd summons for like open container or fireworks on record? One i was like 16 and the other i was like 19 or 20 years old and never did anything with them. This is going back to like the mid 1990's. I just want to be sure. Any info would be great help, thanks

You have to go to the court in which the offense occurred. It would be helpful to have the month/year/and charge. If they don't have it on file they keep the paper records at 346 Broadway on the second floor. There is only 1 guy who works there and he is three quarters short of a dollar. They have to hand search records so you would need the month/year you got the summons. The dispositions go for ten dollars a piece unless they have raised it. Sometimes they give it to you for free if you tell them its for a city job.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 AM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
You need ALL dispositions, If you don't bring them down then they will ask you to fax it to them. I had a dipositoin and all my paperwork showing I had a DWAI in 2001 and one of the things showed that I had to take a drinking/driving program. I had to fax a receipt showing that I completed a drinking and driving program.
If you really want the job just bring down all the paperwork you have and whatever they don't need you take back.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 AM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
Everybody is excited and eager to be hired and a lot of you guys are nervous about what the future holds for this list. You guys really need to calm down. This site is for us to give advice, opinions, etc.
If someone states there opinion it's just an opinion. No need for all the trash talking and bashing. For those not on the job, you won't understand until you are on. I want to see all you guys get hired, I also love working my charts, overtime, and whatever else they offer.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 AM

136 posts, read 267,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDACURA71 View Post
what do u think happens if u never pay a summons for an open container or urinating..they just dismiss it?? u get locked up n it is 15 days

Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM

876 posts, read 2,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
what do u think happens if u never pay a summons for an open container or urinating..they just dismiss it?? u get locked up n it is 15 days
Do you still have to pay the summons? Or the jail time counts as payment in full?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City