Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Why do you want him back? He was really annoying and he just simply make up stories. He was the opposite of someone lying and saying that these areas were crime free and super safe like the Upper East Side. Hustla will paint a picture that these areas are like a war zone. Plus when I met him before, he was never a cop (he actually hated them). Then he was a cop on this website? So laughable that some of you really believe him.
Wow you actually met this guy? Tell us more, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 08:02 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Wow you actually met this guy? Tell us more, please!
I met him in two other websites before and he will always argue and was rude to many, so they banned him there aswell. I definitely recognize his writing style when I first saw him here. He will write the same things and used the same words alot. So anyway one day when I confront him on this website and he had enough of me, he PM back and told me that he was indeed those two other guys on those two websites (where he was banned.) and that I should stop attacking him on this website. When I used to argue with him (on those other two websites), one time he did confess me that he was making up crime stories to keep 'new' people out of his old neighborhood in Mott Haven. Scare tactics at its best. LOL. apparently he had issues with gentrification that was taking place in poor areas, especially in the Puerto Rican areas, apparently since he, his family and friends were pretty much renters themselves. Oh and he was never a cop on those two other websites. He actually hated them, or so he says.

One thing is to be honest about your intentions, but to lie and says he is a cop and make up stories?

Old 04-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I met him in two other websites before and he will always argue and was rude to many, so they banned him there aswell. I definitely recognize his writing style when I first saw him here. He will write the same things and used the same words alot. So anyway one day when I confront him on this website and he had enough of me, he PM back and told me that he was indeed those two other guys on those two websites (where he was banned.) and that should stop attacking him on this website. When I used to argue with him (on those other two websites), One time, he did confess me that he was making up crime stories to keep 'new' people out of his old neighborhood in Mott Haven. Scare tactics at its best. LOL. apparently he had issues with gentrification that was taking place in poor areas, especially in the Puerto Rican areas, apparently since he, his family and friends were pretty much renters themselves.

One thing is to be honest about your intentions, but to lie and says he is a cop?
Why did you not share this information before cyrus?

I always questioned him being a cop. I caught him out there a few times. Like when he criticized the use of cameras along the Fordham shopping strip. It made no sense to me that a cop would see no benefit at all from their use.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,623,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Why did you not share this information before cyrus?
I did on many occasions. when I used to argue with him here. I use to expose him and then he will get my comments deleted by a moderator. That will always happen for some reason.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I did on many occasions. when I used to argue with him here. I use to expose him and then he will get my comments deleted by a moderator. That will always happen for some reason.
In any case thanks Cyrus. Puts a lot of things in proper perspective.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 04-08-2008 at 08:28 AM..

Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 AM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times
Hustla is thankfully gone because he was personally offensive to people on the boards and openly hostile to anyone that did not agree with his doom and gloom about NYC and the Bronx in particular. Good riddance!

Anyone that would like to know about what is occuring in and around the Yankee Stadium area, including just east of it in Melrose should click:

Yankee Stadium Redevelopment Project : New York City Department of Parks & Recreation
The Aurora » Home
http://www.nycedc.com/NR/rdonlyres/5A055858-1880-4263-BE82-46EFB96E28B0/0/melrose_study.pdf (broken link)

You can google the rest from there....the area is DEFINITELY on an upswing.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:17 PM

12 posts, read 60,539 times
Default it's not the worst, not the best...

my husband and i own a condo here in highbridge (the proper name for the neighborhood housing Yankee Stadium)... we are bronx born and raised, so we've been able to see the changes in many of the neighborhoods... highbridge isn't the worst, but not the best place to live... i think it's worth the investment, there are new buildings and homes being put up left and right, a new mall is being built, new trains, etc. At the end of the day, if you're talking investment, it's not so bad... But would I want to raise my children here, no... buy it and rent it - especially by the concourse

Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 PM

117 posts, read 410,873 times
Default Bronx - North and South

My partner and I bought a small co-op in Norwood in the North Bronx about four years ago. Physically really pretty area, surrounded by parks. Relatively safe. Never really feel threatened or ill at ease. Confine my strolls to the daylight hours (mostly) but don't feel particularly uneasy at night. I'm male and big, but I see women walking alone at night all the time.

Only lived here part time for the first few years. Moved in full time about seven months ago. Unit is a little too small for full time living and the building is noisy (Noise is my biggest complaint about the Bronx so far. I'm not supersensitive, but a relatively small group of Bronxites seem to feel it's their duty to be as loud and inconsiderate of the their neighbors as possible).

In November we started looking for a bigger place. Discovered the area around Yankee Stadium. After looking at several options, we recently bought a two-bed with den and two bath co-op for under $300K. We move in this summer. The area feels like it's booming, or about to boom. And it's only 15 min from mid-town on the D-train.

The Grand Concourse does seem a little cold after Norwood's treelined residential Streets. I'll miss the North Bronx, but the commute does get old pretty quick (about 40 min to Columbus Circle). I predict the area around Mosolu Parkway will be a showcase in 10 years. But the area around Yankee stadium feels like it will be a showcase in five.

The biggest problem facing the Bronx still seems to be poverty and a certain kind of depression. A lot of the lower income and even working class folks in my neighborhood just seem really depressed. I feel for them. I'm not wealthy but at least I can see the larger world, the potential beyond. These folks just seem down and kind of trapped. I wish I knew what to do to help them.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:55 PM

117 posts, read 410,873 times
Back to Lilylight's original question. Yeah, I'd definitely check out the Bronx if you're looking to buy. I think the best return on your investment is Yankee Stadium / High Bridge. And in a year or two you might be priced out.

But if you're looking for a place to really settle and get a LOT for your money you might consider the North Bronx, Pelham Park, etc. One of the things I really love about Norwood is that it's so completely diverse. Latino, African-american, Northern European, Arab, Indian, Jewish, Asian, Middle-eastern, Eastern European. While the biggest single group is probably Latino, everyone lives here. No one group "owns" the place.

Have to say it's strikes me as a little funny that we're all referring to Washington Heights as the "nice" neighborhood. I lived there a little over 20 years ago and I felt far more uncomfortable then than I do in the Bronx now. I'm sure I've changed in twenty years, but Washington Heights is virtually unrecognizable to what it was then. The same will happen here.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:26 PM

127 posts, read 547,843 times
Finally positive posts about my neighborhood. I knew something was up with Hustla718. I couldn't understand how someone who lived or currently lives in the Bronx would talk so bad about his neighborhood especially since it was obvious from his username that he was ghetto. Most decent, middle class Bronxites admit that there is a need for improvement in the borough but at the same time have pride in their neighborhoods. I think pretty much everybody here summed up how this area has potential to grow in the future. In no time all the fame that Harlem has received will cross over the 145th St. bridge to Highbridge/Concourse Village/Mott Haven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City