hello, I am moving to NYC for NYU college of dentistry in June and was wondering about many things.
1) I see many housing lists (STUDIO) in craiglists near lower side of manhathan for 1300-1500$ range. (Murray Hill, Chelsea, Greenwich and etc) I am looking for a small studio around $1300. Do you think it is scam? I saw some pix and they look mediocre. I am ok with that. any comments on this? or recommendation to wehre to find the studio? I need to find place near my school. its on 24th street in Murray Hill.
2) I am a graduate student and will need to commute from apt to school and vice versa. How much will my transportation cost per month? I am gonna use train and bus.
2A) I want to buy a bicycle in NYC. Can I bring my bicycle to the train? how about bus?
3) Do you think its worth getting a car in NYC? do most studos comes with parking spot or garage? how about the school? do I pay extra for spot? I am from CA. Do I need to get new liscence from NY???
4) Also, I am thinking about getting a YAMAHA motorcycle scooter ZUMA. Do I need liscence for that? registeration? you think it's safe to drive scooter in NYC?
5) My budget for a month for food, and transporation is $800. Do you think that is enough to survive? I probally make food home, eat out somewhere cheap one or two times a week..
6) IF I move to NJ, what are some of the close and safe place to commute to NYU dental school? how are the housing over there and price? Also, transportation to school from NJ? is it more expensive???? Should I stay in NYC or NJ?
Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. Thank you so much!!! help needed!!!