U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:55 AM

236 posts, read 227,238 times
Default Where to go after Concert?

Hello all, I am taking myself to a concert on Saturday and I am really excited to do so, but the problem is I do not want to end my night after the concert. I want to do something different that I will enjoy doing alone. I am pretty used to doing things alone because my very limited circle of people do not really enjoy the things I do, hence I will be alone. I do not want to go out to dinner because I am sure the restuarants will be flooded being it is the night before Mother's Day. Please help me out with any suggestions. The concert is in the Bronx, but I do not mind traveling in to the city. Im sure the show will end about 11:00pm or around that time. I would not mind hitting a bar or something if I will not feel out of place by myself. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:11 PM

10,838 posts, read 12,993,532 times
Default I've gone on my own

to the BB King Club on 42 street for shows(musical bands and individual artists) and people who come in alone frequently stand by the bar to watch the show. Perfect atmosphere to not feel self conscious

problem is I don't know who's playing and what the show times are

Unread 05-06-2010, 08:38 AM

6,974 posts, read 11,241,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
to the BB King Club on 42 street for shows(musical bands and individual artists) and people who come in alone frequently stand by the bar to watch the show. Perfect atmosphere to not feel self conscious

problem is I don't know who's playing and what the show times are
good call w/ bb's. it's definitely a relaxed atmosphere in there and it surprisingly doesn't get crowded with the times square tourists..

if you're lucky, there will be a cool late nite act
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City