Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 05:17 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,284,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim6233 View Post
i want to interview in april. i was told that i am approveD for 2 bed room. last week, i got phone call that they cannot approve the apartment because one of the household member was not present for interview. which is crazy. why didnt she tell me this when i want to the interview, and all my document were ok. the next day i received the denial letter stating that MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN WITHDREW UPON MY REQUEST. WHICH IS TOTALLY A LIE. I THINK THERE IS SOME FRUED AND DISCRINATION GOING ON. WHAT SHOULD I DO? ANYONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM. BY THE WAY, I STILL QUALITFIED WITH OUT THE 3RD PERSON.
Did you get a letter saying you were approved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 10,275 times
Default northROSE residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
Did you get a letter saying you were approved?
yes i was approved for the lottory and went through the interview process, every paper work was submitted. just waiting for the final approve letter. it is all about discrimination.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,349,443 times
all about discrimination? Let's not throw that word around without something to actually back it up, otherwise it devalues it for when it actually happens. Just b/c something doesn't go your way does not mean it is racist, discriminatory, or whitey trying to keep you down...it's called life. When you deal with the city in these types of developments (affordable housing or otherwise) you have to go through monumental bureaucracy and incompetence from everyone...and only those who pursue and fight for it achieve their goal. Or you can blame whitey for all your problems and just complain and do nothing..choice is yours.

You may have to put in additional effort to get an apt...it's nothing new or racist/discriminatory..it's life when dealing with the city, and everyone who has been through the process will tell you the same thing.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:59 PM

3 posts, read 10,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
all about discrimination? Let's not throw that word around without something to actually back it up, otherwise it devalues it for when it actually happens. Just b/c something doesn't go your way does not mean it is racist, discriminatory, or whitey trying to keep you down...it's called life. When you deal with the city in these types of developments (affordable housing or otherwise) you have to go through monumental bureaucracy and incompetence from everyone...and only those who pursue and fight for it achieve their goal. Or you can blame whitey for all your problems and just complain and do nothing..choice is yours.

You may have to put in additional effort to get an apt...it's nothing new or racist/discriminatory..it's life when dealing with the city, and everyone who has been through the process will tell you the same thing.

when i mean discrimination, it is not that i meant race, it can mean other things, ( age, sex, race etc) name it. i guess you took this offensive because you are probably whitey. anyway, why denies someone for something that they quailfied for. obviously, there is something fishy going on with the application. i though you would have been more helpful. i do you know that i m not white. if you cannot help or say something better, that reply. thank you

Old 06-02-2010, 01:54 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,301,494 times
Kim,

Check your paperwork again, i'm pretty sure somewhere in there it says that "all household residents over 18 years of age must report to the interview". Thats how it is with lotteries for affordable apartments, or just subsidized apartments in general. If your familiar with the interview process just remember that most interviewers/caseworkers will skip over details and its your responsibility to READ everything, and ask questions if you don't understand a certain particular.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:03 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,349,443 times
I agree with the above poster (wordlife). You stated quite clearly that the reason you did not qualify, or rather were disqualified, was because all applicants were not in attendance in the interview. There are LOTS of people applying, and you did not provide what was needed (all applicants for the interview), therefore you were passed over, probably put on the bottom of the list, and the next applicant was contacted.

It was your responsibility, you did not read all the requirements, and therefore you were passed over. If you want to call it discriminatory, then they are discriminating against people who cannot read or follow directions. And for the record I am not "whitey", and I live in the South Bronx.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:36 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,208,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa809 View Post
Well then, I am correct. "Boricua" IS slang....slang for the proper word which is "Boriken"....according to you.
Boriken is the land, Boricua are the people. Not the same thing.

I guess you can call it slang. But many words start off as slang or common folks words and become actual accepted words. Languages continually evolve...

Old 06-12-2010, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 6,837 times
The project is mainy sponsored and heavily funded by Boricua College...Also the fact that that name is the symbol of pride for all boriquenos, in SoBro...

Old 06-12-2010, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 6,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Boriken is the land, Boricua are the people. Not the same thing.

I guess you can call it slang. But many words start off as slang or common folks words and become actual accepted words. Languages continually evolve...
Borikenos, are the people to inhabited boriken. I don't even understand the logic of arguing about this.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:33 PM

210 posts, read 172,758 times
why do yous make something out of nothing.

i constantly say 'hey boricua, whats goin on'

never had an issue. in fact, they like it and get all proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: