U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,505,654 times

Advertisements

The new yorkers here in this forum have giving insight to people all over the world not just the US, who wants to join this great city. We have been helpful,we have been honest and truthful and i wanted to make a thread to recognize that.

So share your thoughts. Tell us what you have gained from other new yorkers since you've been here. What have you learned from others basically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 11:38 PM

279 posts, read 693,626 times
I can't list all the things I have learned even being a native NYer,I am always learning something new.It is a must read website every day.

Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 PM

84 posts, read 178,731 times
I agree! Being that I haven't lived in here in for four years, and only lived here for a couple years prior to that, I am still a newb to the City. I especially love the threads with restaurant and activity ideas, I'm always bookmarking them and am eager to go explore some of the suggestions given soon. I love hearing from the variety of people and points of view. This forum is very helpful for everyone from those just visiting to natives. Love it.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,931,840 times
When I lived in Philadelphia, I frequented a Philly forum (not on City-Data) and when I moved to NYC, I found this forum and it's been sooo helpful and entertaining! Not to mention I love all the characters on here.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 AM

953 posts, read 1,405,816 times
second that notion, even as someone who is familiar with the city, when I was gone City-Data really kept me in tune with what was going on, and from different perspectives. Now that I'm back, I can honestly say that if I hadn't frequented this forum, I would have been lost and not up to date about what was going on around the city as far as real estate, crime and so forth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City