U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-06-2010, 11:53 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,256,195 times
I agree with those who said that if you cannot afford to live somewhere, you shouldn't. Now Section 8 is something I am not super familiar with, but I don't know why someone would want to come to NYC to live in the projects when there are so many nice(r) places (in other states) that you could live in and that accept Section 8.

I had a friend who visited Mississippi and said the Section 8 houses are not bad at all. And you get a HOUSE sometimes, not a roach infested, urine smelling apartment.

I would like to know the OP's reasons for wanting to come back to NYC?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 03:37 AM

11 posts, read 19,300 times
yeh especially if my fate happened because of a pathetic loser..stalker...only worked two years of his life....non child support payer.....just to note...I am a beautiful, had a great job...emphasize great...well educated who ten years later woke up and just got my divorce! LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 03:57 AM

72 posts, read 83,217 times
NYC would be a much better place w/o Section 8. To be honest, one of the major reasons I refuse to ever move to NYC is because of its welfare problem, which gets reflected in the insanely high tax rates. It's not fair that a working person should be financially penalized for the laziness of another. The Dominican women in particular were a disgust to witness there. Not saying all of them, just the ones I saw. They had no jobs or any intentions of ever working and were intent on reproducing as many rugrats as possible. I don't care if that's your culture. Either adapt to the country you moved to, or go back on the inner tube that floated you and your illegal rat pack out here in the first place.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:57 AM

2,853 posts, read 1,728,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbatiste View Post
Hi Soulbarer,

Most states have a Section 8 office or phone number. Did you try calling your local office? If not, it might be a good start.

Just an FYI:

I have a friend who left NY to live in Baltimore with a Section 8 voucher. She didn't like Baltimore and decided she wanted to live in Virginia. Now she doesn't like Virginia and wants to move to Maryland or back to New York.

Section 8 advised her that she had 3 options. Stay in Virginia or move to Delaware or get off the program. They would not allow her to choose the state she wanted to live in. They also told her she didn't have much time to think about it because programs like these were getting cute left and right.

As of last month she moved to Delaware with her 5 kids.
5 kids! Someone should sterilize her. I wonder if she would have 5 kids if she had to support all of those kids on her salary. Poor kids.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 AM

2,853 posts, read 1,728,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieMarie10 View Post
NYC would be a much better place w/o Section 8. To be honest, one of the major reasons I refuse to ever move to NYC is because of its welfare problem, which gets reflected in the insanely high tax rates. It's not fair that a working person should be financially penalized for the laziness of another. The Dominican women in particular were a disgust to witness there. Not saying all of them, just the ones I saw. They had no jobs or any intentions of ever working and were intent on reproducing as many rugrats as possible. I don't care if that's your culture. Either adapt to the country you moved to, or go back on the inner tube that floated you and your illegal rat pack out here in the first place.
What about the Hasidic Jews? It is there culture to have as many children as possible. Nine or ten is quite common. They also present a Medicaid card when they go to the doctor. Insurance companies actual cover them when they go to the Catskills in the summer. In addition, they own property. Why is this okay and no one talks about it.

I agree. Tax payers should not foot the bill for anyones culture. I think being a responsible adult should be apart of everyone culture. Policy makers should sterile some of these folks. You get to have one! However, if you cannot afford to support the second then you get sterilized. It may sound inhumane but responsible do it everyday.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 394 times
ignorance and more ignorance. I AM THE ONE ROTFL because none of you wiseasses has any idea of how this program works and who has it. before you make more stupid comments try to educate your slow brains. first of all the program is also for people who work. not everyone is unemployed . in fact most work the majority of the one who dont work are on disabled section eight.
secondly yes they can transfer any where . if they arent allowed or are stopped they can sue their have been various successsful cases where tenant have won. secondly many are allowed to buy their own home .
as for section eight people bring areas down that too is a myth created out of ignorance and prejudice. section eight tenants can be found in all areas since it is against federal law to discriminate against them punishable by very large fines.
so to all you dummies who have something to say i say gfys and shut up you know crap ..

Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 243 times
Not all section 8 recipients are bad. I have section 8 and I work 40
Plus hours a week. I am very quiet, clean and respectful.
I keep my apt clean and neat at all times. When I leave an apt is always in the
Same condition it was given to me, I always power clean b4 I move out.
Although I receive section 8 & don't think of myself a ghetto
I do agree with alot of what was said on this thread, there are alot of bad pll
In the program and they make the good ones look non existant. I guy on the program at a tough time in my
Life and I needed the help for myself and my children. But I appreciate
The help and I am using the help as a stepping stone, and am saving
to one day get off the program. Some ppl will take advantage and be on section 8 forever and
Never improve their life bc they are comfortable with the freebees. But I on the other hand
Appreciate the help and will one day, say thank u to them and move on with my life.
And in the mean time, I will be as respectful and grateful for it, as I have been .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City