U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:36 AM

18 posts, read 50,386 times

Advertisements

Is there alot of crime in the Italian neighborhoods in New York City...just curious..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM

7 posts, read 14,532 times
I live in Bensonhurst which traditionally is an Italian neighborhood, although lately many Chinese and Russians have been moving into the area. There isn't much crime in my area, if anything an occasional house break-in or domestic dispute. Although there have been more pedestrians getting hit by drunk drivers in the area lately. But if you're talking about organized crime, like the Mafia, that's not really visible, if it's around it's very underground.

Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM

2,936 posts, read 5,045,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodalone View Post
I live in Bensonhurst which traditionally is an Italian neighborhood, although lately many Chinese and Russians have been moving into the area. There isn't much crime in my area, if anything an occasional house break-in or domestic dispute. Although there have been more pedestrians getting hit by drunk drivers in the area lately. But if you're talking about organized crime, like the Mafia, that's not really visible, if it's around it's very underground.
It's still around - just like you said "underground".

Old 06-02-2010, 06:28 PM

51,209 posts, read 50,499,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italian31 View Post
Is there alot of crime in the Italian neighborhoods in New York City...just curious..
Yes. People are constantly waking up with horse heads in their beds and dead fish are delivered daily.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM

56 posts, read 370,431 times
Out of all the neighborhoods in nyc the italian neighborhoods are the safest. Bensonhurst (Brooklyn) Belmont (Arthur Ave) & Morris Park (Bronx) & most of Staten Island.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,936,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes. People are constantly waking up with horse heads in their beds and dead fish are delivered daily.
Helps the tourism industry, no doubt.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 4,040,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTA6TRAIN View Post
Out of all the neighborhoods in nyc the italian neighborhoods are the safest. Bensonhurst (Brooklyn) Belmont (Arthur Ave) & Morris Park (Bronx) & most of Staten Island.
I think, these days, Bay Ridge may have an even larger Italian presence than Bensonhurst. Bay Ridge is very safe.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 AM

892 posts, read 916,611 times
Was wondering why no one mentioned Bayridge which is practically owned by the Mafia, its as safe as any...

Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,616 times
wtf iz belmont bx ???? if u mean the arthur av area u obviosly never been there before - that is a strictly puerto rican and blak area no italians have lived around there n years . morris park / peham bay are 50% italian . bensonhurst bay ridge whitestone and howard beach are the only real italian hoods left in nyc ...... i cant speak for staten i dont kno that boro

Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 AM

4,841 posts, read 7,858,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfesteez View Post
wtf iz belmont bx ???? if u mean the arthur av area u obviosly never been there before - that is a strictly puerto rican and blak area no italians have lived around there n years . morris park / peham bay are 50% italian . bensonhurst bay ridge whitestone and howard beach are the only real italian hoods left in nyc ...... i cant speak for staten i dont kno that boro
Staten Island is the heaviest Italian area in NYC, the South Shore is all Italian.

All the ghetto Italian neighborhoods are gone, the remaining Italian areas are very safe and nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City