U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 PM

23 posts, read 21,754 times

Advertisements

BronxGuy: Are you an immigrant yourself. You talk like one in your comments. Immigrants bring diseases to this country. They bring drugs and commit crimes while here. They are terrorists. They take our tax money. Send them back and this country would be a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,304,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhusted View Post
I can't believe you are filling this forum with lies.

You said:

"Unhappy people are unhappy with NYC because they haven't figured out a way to make living here work for them."

That is a bold-faced lie. Those who are unhappy here did work hard and figured out how to make a living here, but the stress of the city, the pressure, and many other factors force people to leave. Why do you think that 10,000 people leave this city every year.

"Get your ducks in a row and come to the greatest city in the country. You sound like you were made for us."

"Greatest city in the country?" Give me a break. The only city I consider the best city is LA. You must kiss a lot of butt to make such claims. Wake up and smell the coffee. There are a ton of cities that make NYC look like a ghetto. San Francisco is the friendliest and cleanest city in the country. LA is the best for entertainment and meeting nice people. So stop getting paid to say how great NYC is and start telling the truth about it.
Well it sounds like LA or SF would be a better fit for you, NYC isn't for everyone. Also, what is wrong with people loving their own city? I know I love Portland, and I am sure I am going to love NYC too....actually I even love SF, definitely an amazing city....as for LA, it isn't my cup of tea, but people seem to love it there too.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM

23 posts, read 21,754 times
Harlem, Washington Heights, Inwood, Riverdale, and the Bronx, are known as the "Hood." I know. I used to live in the Bronx, and face crime every day. No thanks. If I have to live in NYC, I would rather live in the LES because at least that is a cleaner area.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM

46,054 posts, read 28,304,939 times
Quote:
Harlem, Washington Heights, Inwood, Riverdale, and the Bronx, are known as the "Hood." I know. I used to live in the Bronx, and face crime every day. No thanks. If I have to live in NYC, I would rather live in the LES because at least that is a cleaner area.
Okay, but what is your point with this? No one is arguing with you, those areas can be rough.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:03 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,161 times
Quote:
BronxGuy: Are you an immigrant yourself. You talk like one in your comments. Immigrants bring diseases to this country. They bring drugs and commit crimes while here. They are terrorists. They take our tax money. Send them back and this country would be a better place.
*sigh* what would NYC be without immigrants? Certainly not NYC! Do you have any sense of the history of this city? Who help build the subways? Who created famed ethnic enclaves like Little Italy? Who drives your cabs? Who sells you the morning paper? Who is the nanny to [your] bratty little kids?

The former EVP of my company, who is just about as "white American" as you can get, had a framed ad from the turn of the century in his office. It said "Help Wanted, Irish need not apply." Let's not forget that so called "non immigrants" in the city today are descendants of immigrants who faced the same hate spewed anti-immigrant comments that you yourself are saying now.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM

4,141 posts, read 5,963,065 times
Quote:

I've never heard anyone in life or on this forum descibe Riverdale as The Hood. And nobody who has ever been there would.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,632,218 times
Been their belive me you won"t like it its the scum of citys.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:22 PM

4,141 posts, read 5,963,065 times
Quote:
I can't believe you are filling this forum with lies.

You said:

"Unhappy people are unhappy with NYC because they haven't figured out a way to make living here work for them."

That is a bold-faced lie. Those who are unhappy here did work hard and figured out how to make a living here, but the stress of the city, the pressure, and many other factors force people to leave. Why do you think that 10,000 people leave this city every year.

"Get your ducks in a row and come to the greatest city in the country. You sound like you were made for us."

"Greatest city in the country?" Give me a break. The only city I consider the best city is LA. You must kiss a lot of butt to make such claims. Wake up and smell the coffee. There are a ton of cities that make NYC look like a ghetto. San Francisco is the friendliest and cleanest city in the country. LA is the best for entertainment and meeting nice people. So stop getting paid to say how great NYC is and start telling the truth about it.

I think you misunderstood when I said people who are unhappy havent figured out a way to "make New York work for them." That did NOT mean that they didn't work at their jobs. Many worked incredibly hard. It means that despite their best efforts they couldn't make a satisfying life for themselves, and that can happen whether you're minimum wage worker or a Wall Street millionaire. It's a matter of fit as much as money.

As to your comments about NYC vs SF vs LA go post on the city vs city site. Everybody knows these three are different and everybody has thier own dislikes and likes that might make one city better for a person than another.

And as to "start telling the truth about it" I don't sugar coat anything and I didnt in my post that you quoted. This is a tough town any way yo look at it. You'r either cut out for it or you aren't.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:05 PM

400 posts, read 833,702 times
Quote:
Do you have any sense of the history of this city?
A city built by Anglo saxon American colonists in conjunction with Dutch East India Company

Quote:
Who help build the subways?
Anglo Americans (Alfred Beach) and Thomas Edison.

Quote:
Who created famed ethnic enclaves like Little Italy?
Those places were/are disgusting.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 PM

400 posts, read 833,702 times
Quote:
*sigh* what would NYC be without immigrants?
A wonderful place.

Quote:
Do you have any sense of the history of this city?
A city built by Dutch East India Company and taken over by Anglo-saxon American colonists.

Quote:
Who help build the subways?
Anglo saxon Americans (Alfred Beach and Thomas Edison).

Quote:
Who created famed ethnic enclaves like Little Italy?
Those places were/are filthy dumps.

Quote:
Who drives your cabs? Who sells you the morning paper? Who is the nanny to [your] bratty little kids?
Who cares. Those are jobs anyone can do and are not limited by anyone. Go sell papers in your own country, go drive cabs in your own country, go be a nanny to your countrymen's kids.

Quote:
The former EVP of my company, who is just about as "white American" as you can get, had a framed ad from the turn of the century in his office. It said "Help Wanted, Irish need not apply." Let's not forget that so called "non immigrants" in the city today are descendants of immigrants who faced the same hate spewed anti-immigrant comments that you yourself are saying now.
LOL WUT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or