Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 01:32 PM

10 posts, read 17,665 times

Advertisements

I called just a few days before the 5/19 deadline and the lady told me on the phone that they don't have all the information yet so she could not give any estimate that how long the wait time will be. Maybe if someone can try calling them in a few days they will have a better idea. I am at #600 for 3BR by the way.

I would also want to check if they did receive my application and money order too... Hate sending regular mails with NO TRACKING...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 04:21 PM

329 posts, read 682,182 times
I know what you mean when I sent my application in 2010 I never received a reply!!!!
I think you have to give them some time to put the list together.

I usually call to find out what the number is on the waiting list at least once every couple of months. The next time I call I'll ask about all three list 1, 2 and 3 bedroom and post it on here. Or if anyone else calls please update the thread!!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you guys an update! I called the office today because I had questions also.

My question was, when I applied in 2010 I only had one child and I wanted to know if I need to update my application. I do not need to update my application because it's a preliminary application. So they expect that the information on the applications will be out of data.

* 1 Bedroom and 3 Bedroom the list has not been compiled yet. It should take a couple of weeks.

* 2 Bedroom List is at 712

* Sorry Studio guys - I totally forgot to ask about the Studio.

* Credit Score should be above 640 (I'm not confirmed on this)

Old 05-23-2014, 12:50 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,115 times
Does anybody know the breakdown of how many of each type of apartment there are in the entire development? Like XXX one bedrooms, XXX two bedrooms, etc. I would guess that the studio total is around 80-84 units since single people are eligible for one bedroom apartments, which is supposed to happen only when the #of studios is less than 10% of the total apartments. My # is a little under 200 on the one-bed list. Judging by the movements of the two bedroom list and a couple of older posts re: studios, it looks like I could expect to be called in a little less than two years but don't want to get caught out if it turns out to be a lot quicker.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:12 PM

109 posts, read 195,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbox View Post
I would also want to check if they did receive my application and money order too... Hate sending regular mails with NO TRACKING...
I hate it too, that's why I called and asked if it's OK to send it Certified, and they said yes. You can't expect people to send a money order without the ability to track it. Mine was received yesterday (it was in the PO Box well before the 5/19 deadline)

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...20000003856275

Old 05-26-2014, 05:15 PM

@LexAve

I sent my money order via regular mail and so have a lot of people. You should read the waiting list announcement again.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:08 PM

The waiting list announcement is for the postcards. I received a letter in the mail stating I had to send a money order and completed application. Nowhere on it does it say you must send it regular mail. I made sure of that, then I called to verify. They wouldn't have signed for it if it was against the rules

Old 05-26-2014, 06:14 PM

Scribd

"• Mail
POSTCARD ONLY
by regular mail."

This requirement is for the postcards ONLY

Old 05-28-2014, 03:38 PM

I stand corrected my apologies!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM

483 posts, read 691,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Does anybody know the breakdown of how many of each type of apartment there are in the entire development? Like XXX one bedrooms, XXX two bedrooms, etc. I would guess that the studio total is around 80-84 units since single people are eligible for one bedroom apartments, which is supposed to happen only when the #of studios is less than 10% of the total apartments. My # is a little under 200 on the one-bed list. Judging by the movements of the two bedroom list and a couple of older posts re: studios, it looks like I could expect to be called in a little less than two years but don't want to get caught out if it turns out to be a lot quicker.
Not precisely but if there's 1,108 apartments in total, 4 buildings, each at 21 stories apiece and built in 1966, what is true for one building must be true for all, so if you find the proportion for one of the buildings, or can spread the prognostications around in equal fourths, you've probably found it for each. Could it be possible, for example, that each floor has only 1 studio (as 21x4=84)? And would it be possible then (for someone else, not me, haha) to prognosticate that a 1 bdr + 2bdr takes up the same amount of space as a 3-bdr, and extrapolate how many are likely to be on each floor? Are there 4-bdrs to mess up the ratio further?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery