Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2014, 08:06 PM

329 posts, read 682,265 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
For those of you waiting for a one bedroom take a look at this posting it shows a couple of pictures an apartment that was being sublet.

65 Columbia St. #7B - Co-op Apartment Rental in Lower East Side, Manhattan - StreetEasy
[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,914 times
Well that is weird, I was just about to post the same link to the photos! Although the paint/decorating job is terrible especially in the bedroom, I am liking the size of the rooms and the kitchen looks good (would be even better with a nicer paint job ).

Wonder if the sublettor got into trouble, this wasn't exactly on the downlow.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 PM

Great minds think alike! I was wondering the same thing. I think they should get in trouble. I think it's wrong for someone to sublet especially when there are people who really need a place to live.

The room looks horrible it kinda looks like a hospital room.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:21 AM

64 posts, read 170,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskittytalks View Post
There's wiggle room in the laws, I forget where it was discussed over here, but DHCR at least has leeway. The "you may be charged a surcharge if you are over" clause, to nutshell it. It depends on who runs your development (hence the quoted language above), and whether they accept federal or state funds. In other words: You never really know what they'll accept until you try.

Plus, I think some developments give you leeway whether or not you want to report your state or federal AGI, I assume most people go with the lowest. I've also seen "take a deduction of 1,000 if you filed a New York State tax return, in addition to the federal return".

What if you were on the waiting list and then you ended up making over 125% of the AMI while you were just waiting to be called? What happens if you end up over their limits by the time you get called in?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,240,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Great minds think alike! I was wondering the same thing. I think they should get in trouble. I think it's wrong for someone to sublet especially when there are people who really need a place to live.

The room looks horrible it kinda looks like a hospital room.
lol, yeah it does. Rest of the place looks nice though.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deker0 View Post
What if you were on the waiting list and then you ended up making over 125% of the AMI while you were just waiting to be called? What happens if you end up over their limits by the time you get called in?
You will almost certainly be denied then. The absolute limits for entry are towards the bottom of this page (the 2nd set of ranges, for all coops), which as far as I can tell do work out to 125% of AMI.

HPD - Apartment Seekers - Mitchell-Lama Housing

Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM

109 posts, read 195,867 times
The ad says "doorman" lol. Do they mean the security guards?

Old 06-02-2014, 01:36 PM

The ad also calls it a loft - gotta love these brokers!

I am excited though that there is indeed a pool in the complex that is pretty cheap to join, I like to swim. That, plus there is a good, reasonably priced yoga studio two blocks away on Stanton and I think free yoga (as well as a full gym that is cheap to join) in the Hamilton Fish rec center next door. (it's really helped my leg circulation and overall strength/flexibility)

Old 06-03-2014, 01:18 PM

I stopped by the office today. I was taken aback by the condition of the office it was a bit outdated.
I had a number of questions to ask but I chose not to ask any.

Lets hope this darn list moves fast!!! I'm stuffed in an apartment with a teenager and a toddler!!!!

I'm worried that I'm putting all of this energy into and then I don't qualify :-(
But I'll hope for the best!!!

Good Luck Everyone.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:38 PM

252 posts, read 607,651 times
Did anyone get any confirmation from them that they received their money order and application back?
I think its kind of weird a management company doesnt even send anything back as they are asking for $200.00lol
When I sent back my application for the UWS Mitchell Lama coop I got a letter back 1 week letter stating they received it. It seems Masaryk works way slower. My # is in the 40s on the waiting list so Im hoping I hear something soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery