U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 PM

321 posts, read 525,232 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure. But it might be much slower since there are not as many one bedroom as two bedrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 10:29 PM

431 posts, read 689,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
While it's impossible to perfectly guess when we'll get called, it's still fun to estimate!

That being said, from your numbers, the 2 bedroom list is moving at a pace of 200 per year. Do you think the 1 bedroom list will move faster or slower than the 2 bedroom list? You would think a lot of people that already live there would be slowing down the 2 bedroom list with internal transfers
I'm just under 200 on the 1 bed list and I am estimating 18 months to 2 years from now, going further I think it will be spring 2016. I'm usually an excellent estimator, although not infallible.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:35 PM

98 posts, read 130,638 times
I wish Masaryk had their own website. Penn South and Inwood Terrace have their own websites and they're very helpful!

Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 PM

@popartist - how long do you think it will take me ��

@lexave - I was thinking the same. Overall Masaryk Towers is outdated. Have you seen their office !?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:55 PM

252 posts, read 471,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnycnyc View Post
I was at their office yesterday afternoon, 7/21. They said the list for the 1 bedroom is ready but no one has been called yet. At this point there is only 1, one bedroom available. They originally had a lot but that changed after all the moves (the people who currently live there and veterans got perferrence). Someone there told me that I may have to wait 1 - 1,1/2 years and I am under 100 in the wait list. The 1 bedroom list opens up slowly.

In the office they have the waiting list hanging on the walls for all the units and a timeline for the projects they are working on for the complex.
Thanks so much for posting this! My number is also under 100 on the one bedroom list, under 50 actually, so I am def going to go in next week and look at that list.
What is the address for the mgmt office?

Old 07-30-2014, 08:56 PM

252 posts, read 471,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Own Place View Post
I was there too, yesterday, to check my wait list status. I was very discouraged by the looks of the complex. It just seems so old and outdated, all the buildings and courtyard as well. Pool is now closed, does not seem to be opening anytime soon. They could really use some renovations all over the place. Also, the gates were all open and Baruch residents could be seen happily strolling alongside Masaryk ones. Since I have young kids and elderly parent, this may not even be the environment I want to move into. Everyone, go check it out yourself before you settle on this one. I might be starting to look elsewhere.

The gates are always open. my childs cold babysitter was in masayrk and I never remember the gates being closed. Anyone can walk through them. A lot of people actually use masaryk to walk through to Baruch from the F train on delancey

Old 07-30-2014, 09:19 PM

@Meli - Give them a call before you go. they might give you better information. One of the receptionist is really nice Her name is Melissa, but she may still be out on maternity. The other receptionist (she has an accent) is not as helpful for me anyway. The last time I called she refused to tell me the exact number of the 2 bedroom list all she said was "High 700's".

If you stop by can you take a look at the 2 bedroom :-D pretty please!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:11 PM

70 posts, read 80,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@Meli - Give them a call before you go. they might give you better information. One of the receptionist is really nice Her name is Melissa, but she may still be out on maternity. The other receptionist (she has an accent) is not as helpful for me anyway. The last time I called she refused to tell me the exact number of the 2 bedroom list all she said was "High 700's".

If you stop by can you take a look at the 2 bedroom :-D pretty please!
Also be sure to look at the one bedroom list to get the number for that as well. Many thanks!!!!

Old 07-31-2014, 09:42 AM

431 posts, read 689,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@popartist - how long do you think it will take me ��
For you, I think 2 and a half years give or take a few months, if I have your general number correct.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:12 PM

@PopArtist - I do hope you're wrong!! Very Wrong! :-)
My Number is 1100's and the list is at 798. That's 302 numbers. I'm hoping another year. I wish I could find exactly how many applications were ahead of me. It could be 300 or 100!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City