Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 10:23 PM

82 posts, read 174,112 times

Advertisements

Popartist, thanks for updating. I wentthere yesterday. Because it was raining and I got there late, I didn't go inside to find the office. Where is the office located? I thought it is located next to those stores. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 07:39 AM

10 posts, read 15,342 times
Thanks for the information about home visits.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:38 AM

329 posts, read 682,305 times
@ Wongyung

The office located behind the stores. If you are walking from Rivington it's on the right hand side across from the big lawn next to the security booth. You will walk by the building I think its 61 and a few feet down is the office. there is a lot of scaffolding so it a bit hard to find.

If you're number is 2XX you have a bit of a wait to go. If I were you I would like every few months. I know its easier said then done but constantly looking the list makes time stand still. At least that's been my experience I've been on the list since 2010! it's been a long long wait and still waiting!

@Mari_

Glad BronxVet was able to help!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 01-05-2015, 02:01 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongyung View Post
Popartist, thanks for updating. I wentthere yesterday. Because it was raining and I got there late, I didn't go inside to find the office. Where is the office located? I thought it is located next to those stores. Thank you.
Not sure the office is open Saturday and Sunday anyway. It is not on the streetside, but courtyard/building entrance side. It is in the same building as the swimming pool center, but on the end towards the parking lot. As others said, it is currently under scaffolding.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:40 PM

Thank you, Popartist. I will check the office out during weekday when I have a dayoff. I want to know how many people in front of me.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:42 PM

Thank you, wanting to move.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:25 PM

17 posts, read 29,254 times
Happy New Year everyone. I changed my address from when I submitted my forms. I know I have at least 10 years to wait and wanted to advise the office of my new address. I called the office and they told me to send a letter with the new information. I sent that in and they called me today to tell me they received it and changed the information. They are really very helpful and friendly in the office.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:34 PM

329 posts, read 682,305 times
Thanks for posting click!

The receptionists that I speak to when I call to find out the number on the list are extremely nice. Imagine answering the same question over over and over again!!! and still being so nice!!!

Melissa

Old 01-07-2015, 08:49 AM

10 posts, read 15,342 times
I hope this isn't a silly question.

The purchase price is lower that some other ML Coops, but can you finance it (mortgage)?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:01 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,033,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_ View Post
I hope this isn't a silly question.

The purchase price is lower that some other ML Coops, but can you finance it (mortgage)?
I don't think you can get an actual mortgage on it - don't think you can for any Mitchell-Lama. (Penn South has a 50% financing program but that's a special case and I'm not sure even that is a mortgage) I have heard of people taking out personal loans though to finance the equity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery