Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 07:14 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times

Advertisements

jennylhq I don't believe the buy-in prices for the one and three bedroom apartments have changed from what was printed for the lottery notice last year, a 1 bed was around $8,600.

Wanting_to_move - Current income limits are here: HPD - Find Housing - Mitchell Lama (either of the last two columns, they are the same). I do believe they did go up since they had the two-bedroom lottery. Plus I think you are still a bit far away to be called in 2015.

I don't know what the implications are of that lnycnyc. Unless your number is under 150 I am pretty sure you won't be called this year anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:46 PM

329 posts, read 682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
I also wonder what the price of one bedroom is. I need to save money before moving in, but it is great forum here, now and then.
The price is listed on the announcement ad. You can find a copy of it on my photo album. That price should be a good estimate since its from last year. I've been saving also. Best of luck

Old 01-31-2015, 03:57 PM

@ PopArtist

Thanks Pop! I have a bit to go about 250 numbers ahead of me :-(
I'm thinking that maybe early next year.

In the mean time I'm just gathering as much saving as I can and making sure that my credit and income are within the limits.

I'm waiting on BronxVet to answer my question. I'm not 100% sure on what kind of credit score they are looking for. Do you know? I thought it was 640 - 700 but it's never been confirmed.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:45 AM

30 posts, read 45,323 times
I dropped off my tax returns, w2's, and recent pay stubs on Friday. I am not sure about the credit Score they are looking for. My credit check is good for 6 months so I don't have to have another one for now.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
I dropped off my tax returns, w2's, and recent pay stubs on Friday. I am not sure about the credit Score they are looking for. My credit check is good for 6 months so I don't have to have another one for now.
Thanks for the replay Bronxvet!

We greatly appreciate it!! Good luck on your wiat! Keep us posted please

Old 02-01-2015, 06:32 PM

32 posts, read 56,372 times
I called them about the 1099c. They said they count that as income. I am in the 30s so I asked what the implications are. They said not to worry about. Basically everyone ahead of me except 5 people submitted their application. They said there is no way they'll call me this year. The income affidavit is due April 30th so I don't expect much movement until after that date. The women told me that the 1 bedrooms become available when people leave or upgrade to 2 or 3 bedrooms. I doubt people really leave, but I believe most people upgrade.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:04 AM

8 posts, read 13,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
Welcome to the Thread!!!
What's your approximate number? Good luck on the wait!!
When I received the post card I had #50. I called earlier this year and after all applications were received with the correct Money Orders, I dropped down to #18. Hopefully I will get called by the end of this year.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
When I received the post card I had #50. I called earlier this year and after all applications were received with the correct Money Orders, I dropped down to #18. Hopefully I will get called by the end of this year.
Wow!! That's a great number! Best of luck to you! and a very short wait!!

Old 02-07-2015, 05:35 PM

38 posts, read 63,031 times
Default thanks

Thanks for reply, 8,600 is a good price, i thought one stock price of one bedroom is 8,600, but didn't how many stocks one bedroom counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
jennylhq I don't believe the buy-in prices for the one and three bedroom apartments have changed from what was printed for the lottery notice last year, a 1 bed was around $8,600.

Wanting_to_move - Current income limits are here: HPD - Find Housing - Mitchell Lama (either of the last two columns, they are the same). I do believe they did go up since they had the two-bedroom lottery. Plus I think you are still a bit far away to be called in 2015.

I don't know what the implications are of that lnycnyc. Unless your number is under 150 I am pretty sure you won't be called this year anyway.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:30 AM

You're welcome. Its an amazing price. Considering that the one bedrooms in Hillman which are on the other side of the bridge are over $400,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery