U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 03:06 PM

38 posts, read 48,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_ View Post
That's great that you can expect a call in a few months newyorker. But, wow is that discouraging for me! I expected a call in 2016/2017 but at that rate that seems unlikely. My list is in the 300s and I have 158 people ahead of me for the 1bedroom.
Hi, Mari

how can you know there is 158 people ahead of you?
i am at 300s too, but I was told that is actual number, there is no different number for waiting list though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 12:15 PM

321 posts, read 544,921 times
@Jennylhq

My advice is to forget about the list for a while. At least you know that there are about 160 or so people ahead of you. I found that the more you think about it the longer the wait seems. I've been on the list since 05 today I have about 230 or so numbers to go. And it's going so slow. These days I only check on the list every 2 months. Otherwise I think I'll go nuts. The two bedroom list hasn't had movement since the end of January.

I do hope that your wait doesn't take 5 years.

Old 04-05-2015, 03:41 PM

Smile list list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@Jennylhq

My advice is to forget about the list for a while. At least you know that there are about 160 or so people ahead of you. I found that the more you think about it the longer the wait seems. I've been on the list since 05 today I have about 230 or so numbers to go. And it's going so slow. These days I only check on the list every 2 months. Otherwise I think I'll go nuts. The two bedroom list hasn't had movement since the end of January.

I do hope that your wait doesn't take 5 years.
Hi, wanting to move

that is right. Probably about half of people who won the lottery mailed the letter with money orders.
I also hoped I can get it within 3-4 years then.
Good luck to you and me.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:00 AM

10 posts, read 11,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
Hi, Mari

how can you know there is 158 people ahead of you?
i am at 300s too, but I was told that is actual number, there is no different number for waiting list though.

The last time I called I was told that there were 158 people ahead of me based on individuals that actually sent in the application fee.

I just got an application for the Esplande Gardens 1 bedroom, but my list # is 937. Not sure if it's worth my $200. Plus, the stock price is a lot higher than Masa.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 AM

525 posts, read 1,303,761 times
Quote:
The last time I called I was told that there were 158 people ahead of me based on individuals that actually sent in the application fee.

I just got an application for the Esplande Gardens 1 bedroom, but my list # is 937. Not sure if it's worth my $200. Plus, the stock price is a lot higher than Masa.
I say send the $200. Better have a plan b c d etc! You can always get your money back if you get the other one first.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg2007 View Post
I am wishing a very Happy Healthy Easter holiday Season to all! We all must remember to have patience and a very good sense of Faith & Hope in this housing journey.
Quote:

@Mari

I would send it in. The $200 is a drag but if you get called from Masaryk them you can ask for the $200 back. I wish I would of known about that list I would of definitely put in a postcard.

Good luck

Old 04-09-2015, 06:01 PM

Smile lucky Mari

Quote:

Hi, Mari

you are so lucky, I also think it is good to send 200 dollars, at least you got another chance, and keep your luck.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:08 PM

I'm tempted to call and check on progress of the list. my family is in dier need of this apartment. I've been praying and asking the universe for help.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:44 PM

Talking faster

Quote:
I'm tempted to call and check on progress of the list. my family is in dier need of this apartment. I've been praying and asking the universe for help.
Hi, wanting_to_move

hope you could get it within 2-3 years, I think 250 will take around 2-3 years.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:02 AM

32 posts, read 43,220 times
Quote:
I say call them in a month... probably around 5/15? The income affidavit is due on the 29th of April, and based on the past, it takes time for them to process anything. From my understanding, tenant of Mitchell Lama must submit tax returns and income affidavits ever year by April 29. I think they use this to raise maintence charges. I guess if people don't like the increase or building they leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City