U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM
 
Location: New York City
321 posts, read 522,744 times
Reputation: 43

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
Hi, wanting_to_move

hope you could get it within 2-3 years, I think 250 will take around 2-3 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnycnyc View Post
I say call them in a month... probably around 5/15? The income affidavit is due on the 29th of April, and based on the past, it takes time for them to process anything. From my understanding, tenant of Mitchell Lama must submit tax returns and income affidavits ever year by April 29. I think they use this to raise maintence charges. I guess if people don't like the increase or building they leave.
@Jennylhq - Thanks! Hopfully it's sooner then that. My number is in the 1100's and the list is at 869 I have about 250 numbers to go. I'm hoping its this year!

@Lnycnyc - That is great advice!!! You are right I'm sure there is some changes once they process all of the affidavits. My plan is to call on 5/15.

I'm leaving in overcrowded conditions which was manageable for a while but my child was recently diagnosed with Autism some extra space to set up an area for play and therapy and establish a routine would be extremely beneficial. But It could be worst. So I'm just venting and then we go back and deal with the current situation at hand.

Thanks everyone for your help and kind words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2015, 10:19 PM
 
61 posts, read 51,478 times
Reputation: 44
i lived there for 7 years with my ex, it's full of drug dealers, and there is hardly any difference between it and the projects that surround it... the location is great, but it sucks.. the security is all paid off by the dealers from the projects, and the man who managed it was apparently taking bribes to get people up on the list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2015, 08:45 PM
 
Location: New York City
321 posts, read 522,744 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
i lived there for 7 years with my ex, it's full of drug dealers, and there is hardly any difference between it and the projects that surround it... the location is great, but it sucks.. the security is all paid off by the dealers from the projects, and the man who managed it was apparently taking bribes to get people up on the list...
Thanks for letting us know Patshep

Hopefully it cleaned up a bit. How long ago DoD you live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 06:06 PM
 
38 posts, read 45,479 times
Reputation: 14
Smile income limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@Jennylhq - Thanks! Hopfully it's sooner then that. My number is in the 1100's and the list is at 869 I have about 250 numbers to go. I'm hoping its this year!

@Lnycnyc - That is great advice!!! You are right I'm sure there is some changes once they process all of the affidavits. My plan is to call on 5/15.

I'm leaving in overcrowded conditions which was manageable for a while but my child was recently diagnosed with Autism some extra space to set up an area for play and therapy and establish a routine would be extremely beneficial. But It could be worst. So I'm just venting and then we go back and deal with the current situation at hand.

Thanks everyone for your help and kind words.


did anyone have some idea about how many years of tax the masaryk tower look back? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-22-2015, 08:02 PM
 
Location: New York City
321 posts, read 522,744 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylhq View Post
did anyone have some idea about how many years of tax the masaryk tower look back? thanks
@Jennylhq,

I think it might just be just one or at the most two years. Someone Bronxvet I think posted that they asked for last "years income tax" so I assume that it's just one year.



Here is what I found in the Michelle - Lama Rules Document

(l) Verification of income at time of admission and during occupancy.
(1) Admission income verification. The housing company or its managing agent shall verify the
aggregate income of each applicant and members of his or her household prior to admission to the
development in the following manner:
(i) Each applicant shall furnish an affidavit attesting to the gross household income of his or her
household for the preceding year and the anticipated gross household income for the current year. All
members of the household must be listed on the income affidavit whether or not income was earned.
(ii) Each applicant and each member of the household having any income shall furnish proof of
income by supplying copies of W-2 forms filed by them for the preceding year, or a statement from their
employer setting forth their current rate of income and their total earned income for the immediately
preceding year and a copy of their IRS or New York State income tax returns for the immediately
preceding year. HPD or the housing company may require submission of certified income tax returns for
admission purposes. Each self-employed applicant and self-employed member of the household who will
reside with the applicant shall furnish a certified copy of his or her IRS and New York State income tax
returns for the immediately preceding year. Applicants and members of the applicant’s household shall
pay the cost of obtaining certified copies of their income tax returns.
(iii) A copy of amendments to any tax returns, or of tax assessments shall be furnished to the housing
company within 30 days after filing the amendment or receipt of notice of the assessment.
(iv) Additional proof of eligibility may be requested by the housing company or HPD.
(2) Income verification during occupancy. During occupancy, a tenant/cooperator and members of his
or her household shall submit when requested by the housing company, its managing agent or HPD
certified copies of their IRS and/or New York State income tax returns for audit or verification purposes
with regard to continued eligibility, surcharges or any other valid purpose. The tenant/cooperator and
members of his or her household shall assume the cost of obtaining such certified copies.
8
(3) Failure to provide certified income tax returns or other documentation. Failure to provide certified
copies of income tax returns or other required documentation shall result in denial of admission to new
applicants and imposition of the maximum surcharge to those already in occupancy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
 
38 posts, read 45,479 times
Reputation: 14
Smile income limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
@Jennylhq,

I think it might just be just one or at the most two years. Someone Bronxvet I think posted that they asked for last "years income tax" so I assume that it's just one year.



Here is what I found in the Michelle - Lama Rules Document

(l) Verification of income at time of admission and during occupancy.
(1) Admission income verification. The housing company or its managing agent shall verify the
aggregate income of each applicant and members of his or her household prior to admission to the
development in the following manner:
(i) Each applicant shall furnish an affidavit attesting to the gross household income of his or her
household for the preceding year and the anticipated gross household income for the current year. All
members of the household must be listed on the income affidavit whether or not income was earned.
(ii) Each applicant and each member of the household having any income shall furnish proof of
income by supplying copies of W-2 forms filed by them for the preceding year, or a statement from their
employer setting forth their current rate of income and their total earned income for the immediately
preceding year and a copy of their IRS or New York State income tax returns for the immediately
preceding year. HPD or the housing company may require submission of certified income tax returns for
admission purposes. Each self-employed applicant and self-employed member of the household who will
reside with the applicant shall furnish a certified copy of his or her IRS and New York State income tax
returns for the immediately preceding year. Applicants and members of the applicant’s household shall
pay the cost of obtaining certified copies of their income tax returns.
(iii) A copy of amendments to any tax returns, or of tax assessments shall be furnished to the housing
company within 30 days after filing the amendment or receipt of notice of the assessment.
(iv) Additional proof of eligibility may be requested by the housing company or HPD.
(2) Income verification during occupancy. During occupancy, a tenant/cooperator and members of his
or her household shall submit when requested by the housing company, its managing agent or HPD
certified copies of their IRS and/or New York State income tax returns for audit or verification purposes
with regard to continued eligibility, surcharges or any other valid purpose. The tenant/cooperator and
members of his or her household shall assume the cost of obtaining such certified copies.
8
(3) Failure to provide certified income tax returns or other documentation. Failure to provide certified
copies of income tax returns or other required documentation shall result in denial of admission to new
applicants and imposition of the maximum surcharge to those already in occupancy."
thank you very much and it is helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2015, 08:27 AM
 
Location: New York City
321 posts, read 522,744 times
Reputation: 43
@Jennylhq

You're welcome!
Thanks what we are here for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 09:35 AM
 
25 posts, read 41,627 times
Reputation: 10
Does anyone have an update on the status of the one-bedroom waiting list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 PM
 
Location: New York City
321 posts, read 522,744 times
Reputation: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q41 applicant View Post
Does anyone have an update on the status of the one-bedroom waiting list?
The last update was in January it was at # 3. Please feel free to call and post an update. It would greatly appreciated.😁
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2015, 06:04 PM
 
38 posts, read 45,479 times
Reputation: 14
Smile waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
The last update was in January it was at # 3. Please feel free to call and post an update. It would greatly appreciated.😁
i am also wonder about the list, if I call tomorrow, I will keep you posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top