Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 02:35 AM

576 posts, read 1,547,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
the one bedroom I saw was under renovation. it had great closet space. there was carpets on the floors but we're being replaced with tile. there were cabinets in the kitchen that were old but in good condition. I asked that they leave them. there was a mirrored wall in the livingroom that I asked to be removed. my application and home check are complete. I am just waiting for decision from HPD. fingers crossed.
Hey yeah im waiting on hpd's decision too! Its been 2 weeks exactly since they did home visit. I'm actually on another list too and thats the one I'm in the process of. I am in masaryk list too but I am in mid 100s ! So if all goes well I will be jumping off the masaryk list! Good luck to you bronxvet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 06:56 PM

329 posts, read 682,464 times
@meemsone, Bronxvet

Congrats to you both!

@Bronxvet - I think a lot of the apartments have an older kitchen. Please let us know how things go!
I hoping to be called sometime in the beginning of the year!

Thanks for the update!

Old 09-27-2015, 04:41 AM

5 posts, read 8,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanting_to_move View Post
They are called Village View and they do have a website - Village View Site. I'm pretty sure that there is a ton of information in this forum if you do a search.

Good luck to you
Thank you so much for that tip. I emailed the management and, sadly, the lady informed me that the waiting list would be likely closed for the next 10 YEARS !
I am not sure if that is true or not.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:56 AM

Hey Guys,
I lived in the Lowe East Side for almost 15 years and in the last 7years of them I was lucky enough to live in one of those affordable 80/20 brand new towers paying less than $1,000 for a one-bedroom apartment.

However, due to a family increase, I was looking for an affordable two-bedroom apartment anywhere in the city or Brooklyn. During my research, I applied for a Mitchell Lama Coop in East Harlem on East 110th Street off 1st Avenue, waited for a little more than two years, got called, passed all the check and ultimately bought the shares and now I am paying $1162 for a two-bedroom apartment.

The apartment is good, but the area is still a little rough. There is no comparison between the LES where I used to live off Houston Street and East Harlem.

Now, I am very disappointed and I, really, miss my old neighborhood BIG TIME.

So, I am trying to return back and, please, if you have any tips about any affordable housing waiting lists, please let me know. I know that the NYC Housing website has a lot of info, but it is usually about current housing lotteries which do not include older buildings.

Thank you guys.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:52 AM

@Jabbanah

I've lived in the lower east side all my life grew up in Chinatown and eventually moved within LES. I also trying to stay in the area. There are not many choices when it comes to middle income. When new projects are completed the income limits are only for low income family I never qualify for them (it's pretty frustrating the middle class has been forgotten but that's another story).

You might want to keep your eye out of Crossing Delancey It's going to be a few years before it's built but at least it's a possibility.

Village View is quite popular I actually missed the last opening waiting list and I'm kicking myself for it. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a while to open. They usually do.

You should also post your question in another thread. Good Luck to you.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:24 AM

18 posts, read 36,372 times
Could anyone who has completed theur current apartment inspection please take time out to explain what they look at when they conduct present apartment inspection check? Are they looking for detailed information about who is actually living there and evidence such as clothing and personal belongings of each member who is living in the apartment, as stated on your original lottery application OR do they just make a quick visit to confirm that you're current apartment exists??

Old 09-30-2015, 07:21 PM

@Jerryg2007

As far as I know the home visit concludes of someone coming into your current home. They look at the condition of the rooms etc. They also take pictures of whom ever is on the application. I don't think that they look at your clothes and personal belongings but I could be wrong. Perhaps someone who has been through the process can fill us in a bit more.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:33 AM

Thank you for this information. Essex Crossing would be a great place to live and I think they will have affordable housing for middle income NYers. Let's see. I wish it will be built soon.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:41 PM

576 posts, read 1,547,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxvet View Post
the one bedroom I saw was under renovation. it had great closet space. there was carpets on the floors but we're being replaced with tile. there were cabinets in the kitchen that were old but in good condition. I asked that they leave them. there was a mirrored wall in the livingroom that I asked to be removed. my application and home check are complete. I am just waiting for decision from HPD. fingers crossed.
Hey
@bronxvet have you heard back from hpd yet? Its almost been 4 weeks and I have'nt heard anything as of yet.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:33 PM

30 posts, read 45,339 times
no I have not heard anything. it has been 2 weeks for me. keep us posted when you hear back from HPD and I will do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery